To vision and implement programs that serve families of NBUMC and the community of New Brighton. This may include Sunday school, youth group, vacation bible school, and community events. To recruit, train, and develop volunteers to assist and lead these programs.
· Recognizes that this position is a ministry that stems from their Christian faith as they deal in ministry with church, staff, leaders and community.
· AS or BS degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
· Must demonstrate skills of leadership, organization and communication.
· Computer skills necessary for word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and worship related software programs.
· Self motivated and dedicated; function well as a team player.
· Strong Christian character with a commitment to promoting a doctrinal position compatible with the United Methodist Church.
· Ability to recognize information and situations that require strict confidence and to handle the same accordingly.
· FBI clearances, including Safe Sanctuary Training, are required at hire.
· Develop and supervise programs to benefit young families, single parents, children, youth and young adults.
· Integrate Youth and Children into the larger church community. Help foster an “extended family” atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute.
· Recruit volunteers
· Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
· A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
· Build and sustain working relationship and communication with community associations, school administrations, local churches and faith-based organizations, etc.
· Be a resource to children and adults relating to both church and governmental programs that could be of assistance to them.
· Attend staff meetings as scheduled by the Pastor.
· Attend individual meetings with the Pastor.
· Attend Administrative Council meetings as needed or required
· Adhere to NBUMC policies and procedures.
· Any other items as requested by the Pastor and / or Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) that are related to this position specifically and / or ministry in general, that you are deemed qualified to completed.
*These duties are not to be considered as a complete and detailed list of all related work requirements that may be a part of this job.
The work schedule for this part-time position is an average of twenty (20) hours per week. A regular schedule of hours per week shall be established subject to the approval of the Pastor and SPRC of NBUMC. Must be available to work Sunday mornings, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday, lent and advent seasons. The position could involve non-traditional work hours in order to cater to the needs of church members and the community. These hours could involve evenings and weekends.
· Reports directly to the Pastor of NBUMC for all situations including but not limited to, job responsibilities, creative boundaries, spiritual direction of worship, conflict, personal or family need, or questions of job situation
· Accountable also to the SPRC.
· General office work
· Frequently required to stand, walk and sit
· Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
· Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· The noise level in the work environment usually is quiet
· General office environment
Interested candidates should e-mail resume / cover letter to: [email protected]
Candidates must be employment eligible and be able to reliably commute or willing to relocate at own expense
New Brighton United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Part-time | New Brighton, Pennsylvania
New Brighton, Pennsylvania
St. George's Episcopal Church | Episcopal
Full-time | Fredericksburg, Virginia
Chapel Hill Missionary Baptist Church
Part-time | Detroit, Michigan
Every Good Word | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Rancho Cucamonga, California
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Faith Christian Camp | Christian Church
Full-time | Annville, Kentucky