The purpose of this position is to lead the Middle & High School ministry program at SVA Church. The Youth Pastor will lead a team of volunteers to best mobilize and serve the church body and community at large. At SVA Church, we strive to become a creative, life-giving, and transformative community that engages, equips, and reaches people of all ages & backgrounds.
• Oversee all ministry related events, programs, outreach, and discipleship of 6th-12th grade students.
• Oversee, recruit, equip, and encourage a team of volunteer leaders to serve and minister to students each week.
• Discern, plan, and execute a weekly Youth Group gathering for students that in- cludes relent activities, programming, worship, messages, and small groups.
• Plan and lead Youth Summer camps and activities.
• Communicate, equip, and encourage parents of students on a regular basis.
• Meet with students, individually and in groups, for relationship building, mentor- ship, and discipleship opportunities throughout the year.
• Work in partnership with the Family Life Pastor on a holistic strategy to disciple students from birth to graduation at SVA Church.
• Responsible for Youth Ministry budget, scheduling, and communication with other church ministries.
• Ensure the safety and protection of all students when attending or participating in an SVA Church event or outing.
• Seek to develop relationships with other local Youth Pastors, youth organizations, school districts, teachers, coaches, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A mature, strong, and growing relationship with Jesus, heart for the local church, and a passion to see individuals and families in the Snoqualmie Valley be trans- formed by the Gospel.
• A willingness & desire to innovate, think differently, and encourage a team to pursue and launch ministry efforts that reach the present changing culture.
• Licensed C&MA worker (preferred) or accreditation from equitable denomination.
• B.A in Ministry, Theology, Biblical Studies preferred.
• Self Starter and able to gather, multiply and lead teams.
• A working knowledge of audio/media equipment.
• Proficient with audio/media editing software and excellent musical/creative skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Passion to serve and see the next generation see and know Jesus.
• Ability to discern, craft, and teach Biblically based messages that impact, challenge, and are for a teenage audience.
Bethel Church | Baptist
Full-time | Prosser, Washington
Ellensburg Presbyterian Church, ECO | Presbyterian
Full-time | Ellensburg, Washington
Soma Church Eastside through Context Staffing | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Issaquah, Washington
Full-time | Redmond, Washington
Eagle Church | Christian Missionary Alliance
Full-time | Zionsville, Indiana