The mission of Keystone Church is to love and lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. To this end, we intentionally seek to create environments where people (1) are encouraged and equipped to grow in their relationship with God; (2) connect to the community within the church; (3) reach those outside the church by regularly investing in their lives; and (4) share their time, talents, and treasure to glorify God for the sake of others.
Keystone Church is seeking a new lead pastor to shepherd our congregation and staff team as we seek to fulfill our mission and foster a community of disciple-making disciples (2 Tim. 2:2) who are passionate to engage in the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18–20). Our need is for a humble, godly, and passionate individual who understands the times (1 Chron. 12:32), delights in teaching the Word of God (Heb. 13:7), and is gifted for leading effectively (Rom. 12:8), courageously, and with prayerful vision.
About Keystone Church
Keystone Church is a vibrant, growing, multi-generational Wesleyan church located in Saline, Michigan, a family-friendly community south of Ann Arbor. We are evangelical in theology and contemporary in practice with a variety of ministries for all ages. We are passionate about our mission and equipping each member of our church family to fulfill their unique part of that mission. We have an active online ministry including live Sunday morning internet broadcasts. God has richly blessed us through our 30-year history, and we are excited to begin the next chapter of God’s plan Keystone.
For more detailed information regarding Keystone Church and our community, please visit our online church profile here: https://keystonechurch.us/kcprofile
Lead Pastor Personal Qualities
1. Committed and mature follower of Jesus Christ with a disciplined life characterized by consistent, deep, and regular prayer; regular time spent reading, studying, and meditating upon God’s Word; and sanctification that is continuously growing and developing.
2. A deep passion and commitment for evangelism, outreach, apologetics, and discipleship.
3. If married, must be deeply committed to one’s family and maintain healthy boundaries on behalf of one’s family.
4. Person of integrity, holiness, trust, and dependability.
5. Meets the biblical qualifications of an elder as outlined in Scripture (Acts 20:28; 1 Tim. 3:1–7; Tit. 1:6–9; 1 Pet. 5:1–4).
Lead Pastor Professional, Educational, and Ministry Experience
1. Must fully embrace the Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God, in alignment with both historical orthodox and Wesleyan theology.
2. Excellent record of effective leadership in a local church setting, preferably as a lead pastor.
3. Strong preference for a candidate who has served a minimum of five years in a local church with multi-level staff, ideally in a multi-campus setting.
4. Sound theological education from a reputable seminary; a graduate degree that includes training in biblical languages (Greek and Hebrew) is strongly preferred.
5. Proven track record of, and experience with, mentoring and discipling staff to make them more effective leaders.
6. Commitment to, and prior experience with, increasing the congregation’s overall biblical literacy.
Lead Pastor Leadership Qualities and Roles
1. The lead pastor should be able to clearly and passionately communicate biblical truth through sermons that connect to both believers and non-believers alike. In addition to being exegetically grounded in the authority and text of Scripture, sermon messages should offer practical applications and, as needed, incorporate apologetic methods in support of the Christian worldview (Col. 4:5–6; 1 Pet. 3:15).
2. The lead pastor should be faithful, dependable, and even-keeled in challenging times. Tough conversations, including addressing conflict and holding staff accountable, should be managed in a timely manner with grace and kindness, speaking the truth in love.
3. The lead pastor must demonstrate an eagerness to invite the Holy Spirit to be released in great power as well as demonstrate an eagerness to depend on the wisdom of the Holy Spirit (James 1:5–6) in leading the ministry of the church.
4. The lead pastor must have a demonstrated gift of organizational leadership, including handling finances wisely, providing vision and guidance in a collaborative manner, and mentoring and discipling members of the staff team to develop their personal areas of giftedness in an accountable manner.
5. The lead pastor must be committed to ensuring that parents and guardians are adequately trained and discipled so that they are equipped to fulfill their sacred responsibility of raising the children under their care to know and love the Lord (Deut. 6:6–7).
1. All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, a résumé, and concise responses to the following five questions:
· What is your philosophy of ministry?
· At what age did you decide to become a follower of Jesus Christ? What did that process look like for you, and who were the major influences in your life?
· Describe your habits for reading, studying, and meditating upon God’s Word.
· Why do you feel called to be a pastor?
· As a lead pastor, how would you cultivate a church culture in which producing disciple-making disciples (2 Tim. 2:2) is embraced and normative?
If responding to these questions in writing, please limit the response for each question to 50–100 words. In lieu of written responses, applicants may submit a link to a single video response that addresses all five questions, provided that the video recording does not exceed 10 minutes in length. Your precise and thoughtful responses to these questions will help us get to know you better.
2. Documents should be sent as PDFs or Word files via e-mail to [email protected]
3. For additional questions, please contact the Pastoral Search Team at [email protected] This is a dedicated e-mail account utilized solely by Keystone Church’s seven-person Pastoral Search Team.
4. For more detailed information regarding Keystone Church and our community, please visit our online church profile here: https://keystonechurch.us/kcprofile
Bridge Bible Church
12th Street Baptist Church
Southfield Christian School
Rockford United Methodist Church
Heart Cry Christian Fellowship
Mosaic Church Conway
Williams Community Bible Church
Chinese Community Church San Diego