Primary Role: to support the vision and mission of the church. Focus on goals and not specific programs to create a more collaborative and adaptable environment.
Ministry Role: to help families and children, in 6th grade and younger, know, experience and follow Jesus, and to equip parents to be the primary disciple makers in their children’s lives.
Hours: 40/week… Sunday: 7:30am-12:30pm, Monday & Tuesday: 9:00am-5:00pm, Wednesday: 10:00am-7:00pm, Thursday: 9:00am-5:00pm, evenings/weekends (meet with kids, families & attend activities): 2 hours, Friday & Saturday: general days off.
Compensation: full-time, annual salary (based upon experience, education, capabilities). Exempt status. Benefits include individual health insurance, long-term disability, retirement contribution, professional development account, and PTO.
· Display a growing faith with a vibrant, consistent dependency on Jesus Christ.
· Be committed to love his/her family well.
· Possess a heart for God and a heart for people. (Matthew 22:37-40, 28:18-20)
o Demonstrated by reflecting the character of Christ. (Philippians 2:1-11)
o Multiplying priorities of Christ. (Luke 8:15; John 15:8)
o Leadership qualities of a Deacon. (1 Timothy 3:8-13)
o Be consistent in his/her devotional life, including prayer and Bible study. (2 Tim 3:16; Rom. 12:12; Phil. 4:6-7)
· Demonstrate ability to disciple and relate well to people.
· Character- honest, humble, supportive, good steward. (Romans 12:3)
· Chemistry- care for one another as God has cared for us. (Romans 12:4-6a & Philippians 2:2b-8)
· Culture- go the extra mile. (Ephesians 4:32-5:2)
· Competence- do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, the best it can be done. (Eph. 6:7)
· BA or BS undergraduate degree or proportionate ministry experience.
· Agreement/alignment with EFCA doctrinal statement (www.efca.org/sof) and Grace Church’s by-laws (www.gracemc.org/statement-of-faith).
· One who loves and relates well to children and adults.
· Someone possessing strong organizational and communication skills.
· One who enjoys teamwork and can lead teams, but who also takes personal initiative.
· A person who is proven in the area of equipping others for ministry.
· Able to handle the Scriptures effectively in a ministry setting and speak effectively.
· Proven ministry experience in working with children.
· Ability to minister to a diverse group of people. Good conflict resolution skills.
· Sunday Morning Programming
o Spiritual development for 3 year olds-6th grade.
· Midweek Programming
o Equip parents to become the primary disciplers in their children’s lives.
o Ministry for grades 5-6 (2022-2023)
o Provide engaging opportunities for kids and families to invite friends. (Reach)
o Provide growth opportunities for kids and families. (Build)
o Provide service opportunities for kids and families. (Serve)
This person should eagerly and humbly learn ministry skills. Responsibilities will increase as he/she proves his/her competence in each ministry skill. He/She should be initially responsible for:
· Maintaining a personal walk with God.
· Developing positive relationships with kids and their parents.
· Completing the 90 day onboarding with the Student Family Pastor.
· Fulfilling weekly, monthly, and yearly ministry tasks.
· Learning the church family culture and working in alignment with Grace Church leadership.
Grace Church is an influential, Christ-centered church in Mason City, Iowa. With a desire to reach the lost, build up believers, and serve the community, Grace has grown to three services, over 500 attenders and a budget exceeding one million dollars. Having 20 acres of land in town, Grace continues to find new ways to utilize the property; from athletic practices to daddy daughter dances to Night to Shine. The original church building was constructed in 2004. In 2016, The Bridge, a 12,000 sq. ft. space used for Kids and Student Ministry as well as several community events, was added. The church is located in a prime location for ministry- two blocks away from the public middle and high schools and just a few more blocks away from two of the four public elementary schools. Grace is a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) denomination.
BCC | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Bettendorf, Iowa
Prairie Bible Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Journey Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Marshalltown, Iowa
Evangelical Free Church of Bemidji | Evangelical Free
Full-time | Bemidji, Minnesota