Connection Ministries is hiring a Ministry Consultant (MC) to equip Christian churches to minister with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in Central Indiana. This full-time position reports directly to the Executive Director with office time split between the ministry office in Indianapolis and the candidate's home office in Central Indiana.
The Successful Candidate:
- is a strong Christian leader with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
- fully supports the beliefs and philosophy of Connection Ministries and its leadership (see https://connection-ministries.org/our-vision-mission/),
- has a commitment to Jesus Christ that is evident in his/her personal life, family relationships, and ministry,
- has both experience and enjoys working with adults with IDD.
- can teach and lead volunteer teams,
- shares the responsibility with staff and board members for solicitating donations,
- proficient with business software and technology, or learns quickly,
- is able to work two – three evenings per week, and
- has the potential and desire to be included in the ministries’ succession plan.
- Works onsite with churches in the Connection Ministries Network observing their evening-midweek ministries.
- Assists the church with ideas and training to help improve the effectiveness of their ministry.
- Identifies prospective network churches to plant new ministries, as a ministry of that church. They become part of the Church’s weekly ministry during the first year, modeling the various ministry roles.
- Helps churches recruit volunteer leadership and volunteers through speaking opportunities, meetings, and training.
- Collaborates with a team of other staff and volunteers to develop written and video resources for volunteer training, blogs, and Bible curricula for adults with IDD.