Crosspointe’s Worship Leader
We are a church that takes risks! We want to impact the greater York area by reaching people who have never been to church or who have given up on church. We want those who are a part of Crosspointe to be enamored with Jesus and willing to follow him with their whole hearts and re-prioritize their lives to do so.
Our Worship Leader is a passionate follower of Jesus with the ability to lead worship effectively. He or she can lead and develop a worship team. Worship is a vital part of every Crosspointe Sunday Gathering and not a “tack on.” We sing relevant, contemporary worship songs.
The Worship Leader will shepherd and develop the Worship Team Members by providing musical worship leadership at the worship service by:
- Creating an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, a space in which people can meet with God and reflect on who He is and what He desires to do in their lives.
- Leading the congregation and the Worship Team members in growing their relationships with the Lord through worship.
- Establishing a culture of worship among the congregation
RESPONSIBILITIES (8 hours a week)
- Develop ongoing relationships with Worship Team Members
- Look for opportunities to interact with and pray with people on Sunday mornings before and after the Crosspointe Sunday Gathering
- Have an engaging stage presence
- Touch base with Lead Pastor weekly to coordinate direction for the Sunday Gathering worship songs
- Select 4-5 songs for each service. Prepare to make appropriate transitions between songs.
- Schedule teams in Planning Center Online
- Lead an efficient, well-organized, and fun worship team rehearsal to work on music for the upcoming Sunday Gathering, new music, arrangements and parts, and goals, with input from the group members
- Use the AnyDesk program to add/edit lyrics to ProPresenter on the church computer.
- Arrive at church Sunday at 8 AM. Help the Tech Team set up sound, lighting, and backdrop.
- Soundcheck and run through songs with the band Sunday morning.
- Check in with the Tech Team to see if any assistance is needed.
- Help with tear down after the Sunday Gathering.
PERSONAL CHRISTIAN WALK
- A trusting relationship with Jesus Christ exhibited in the leader’s life – you get the sense that they know God intimately
- Seeks after and follows the leading of the Holy Spirit
- Skilled Instrumentalist [preferably guitar]
- Lead quality vocalist – a strong, listenable voice to be easily followed
- Ability to bring out the best in team members
- Prior experience in church worship ministry is a plus
- Basic knowledge of sound, video, lighting, audio recording, and editing is helpful
- Joyful submission to Godly authority
- Friendly, open, honest, seeking community, encouraging, able to build good chemistry with Worship Team Members
- Must be a person of integrity
- Must have healthy relationships with his/her spouse and children and their support for involvement in this ministry
- The ability to maintain a quarterly schedule for him/herself, the Worship Team Members, handle details related to worship planning, and be prepared with planning in worship, using Planning Center Online
- The ability to organize and communicate clearly and consistently
- Compatibility with the doctrine of Crosspointe and support its mission and vision
· Crosspointe is a simple church that is grounded in the Word of God. We look to help unchurched individuals understand who Christ is and begin to actively follow Him. Because we exist to make disciples who make disciples who make disciples, we seek to help Christ-followers realize who God is and what He desires to do in their lives.
Check out Crosspointe’s website at simplycrosspointe.org and Crosspointe’s Facebook page at facebook.com/simplycrosspointe.
If you are interested in this ministry opportunity, please call Ed Short, Crosspointe's Lead Pastor, at the church office: 717-747-1246 expressing your interest.