National Community Church (NCC) believes the Church should be the most creative and diverse place on the planet. To accomplish this core conviction, we aspire to hire people with a high level of vision and technical skills. The NoVA NCC Kids Director is responsible for creating a church experience where kids will grow to be fully devoted followers of Christ, with a passion for His Word, an excitement about His church, and a commitment to serving His people!
The NoVA Kids Director is responsible for creating a positive and growing church experience for families and volunteers at the NoVA location. The Kids Director will uphold the ministry’s core values: to make Sundays excellent; partner with parents; develop meaningful relationships; and encourage missional hearts.
The Kids Director leads and oversees kids programming at the NoVA location. This includes large and small group environments, themes, recruitment strategies, and safety and security. This position is responsible for the development and support of the NCC NoVA Kids volunteer team and scheduling, overseeing location supplies and inventory, onboarding and training volunteers, and meeting programming and equipment needs. He/She serves as the leader accessible to families at the location, and the liaison to NCC staff and ministry partners. He/She will maintain consistent communication with NoVA Ministries Pastor and Campus Pastor and work closely to maximize ministry to location families.
80% NoVA Location Ministry, 20% Global Initiatives
NoVA Kids Programming Responsibilities:
- Execute NCC Kids programming on Sunday mornings at NCC NoVA. This includes large and small group environments and themes.
- Manage the technology and ensure theater teams are equipped each week with scripts and songs.
- Maintain NCC Kids facilities and supplies, keeping them orderly and fit for ministry.
- Work with other NCC Ministries to share space and maximize one another’s goals.
- Oversee the Safety and Security systems including evacuation plans, training teams on emergency procedures, and evaluating security plans on an ongoing basis.
- Manage applications, background check system, and files for assigned location.
- Data integrity – Manage CCB system, lists and contacts for families, lists of volunteers, reporting systems, attendance maintenance.
- Develop outreach strategies to reach the community.
- Manage the location budget.
- Maintain communication with parents, volunteers, and leaders.
NoVA Team Partnerships
- Represent the children’s ministry within the location leadership team.
- Maintain regular connection/communication with other NoVA ministry teams.
Global Family Ministry Team
- Work closely with the Family Ministry Global Influencer and other Kids Directors on NCC-wide initiatives and alignment opportunities.
- Work with Family Ministry global team to finalize and prepare weekly curriculum.
- Study the next generation and prayerfully consider how the church can support families.
- Implement feedback loops from volunteers and families.
- Lead the launch of new initiatives and NCC global initiatives at location. Communicate global vision and alignment opportunities items to location teams.
Location Ministry Needs:
- Ensure supplies are ordered, organized, and prepared for weekly ministry.
- Work with other NCC staff to ensure space is shared well and ready for kids programming.
- Oversee and execute storage solution plans for shared space with ministry and location partners.
- Communicate maintenance needs and requests within a timely manner.
Location Leader and Volunteer Support:
- Communicate and partner with Volunteer Care Coordinator at location
- Lead the launch of new initiatives and efforts at location. Communicate big picture items to teams.
- Recruit and invest in location team leaders. Develop leaders in their roles and support them as champions of their area of responsibility.
- Work with a location volunteer support leader to recruit, onboard, develop, and support location volunteers. Support the leader to ensure maintenance of team schedules, actively recruit, orient, and onboard new volunteers.
- Respond to all leader needs – curriculum and supplies, volunteer scheduling, lesson management, etc.
- Conduct leader (core team) meetings at least quarterly.
- Ensure ongoing training and regularly invest in the volunteer team. Work to increase retention of volunteers.
- Maintain consistent communication and consistent presence with location leaders throughout the week and on Sunday morning.
- Send weekly communications to ensure teams are aligned and prepared for the weekend.
- Conduct regular team trainings and team meetings.
- Participate with global NCC Family Ministry team in special events, trainings, and projects, including but not limited to Volunteer Rally, Dads and Dudes/Daughters, Christmas Show, Raise Them Up, Parenting Events.
- Support location-specific outreach and community events including but not limited to Dads and Dudes/Daughters, family focused outreach events, etc.
- Attend NCC Leadership Events.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Desire and passion to serve Christ in the local church.
- A commitment to the next generation.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, visual, written, and relational.
- Attention to detail and accuracy even on time sensitive projects.
- Strong problem solving, project and time management, and organizational skills.
- Flexible to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effective time management and workload prioritization.
- Ability to turn around projects on short timelines.
- Commitment to be a great team player who thrives on providing timely, high-quality support while maintaining strong relationships with NCC staff and volunteers.
- As a budget manager, to intentionally spend NCC’s resources in a wise manner—seeking good stewardship by making spending decisions prayerfully.
- To reflect Christ in words and actions—in both personal life and ministry. To model the Christian faith in a way to be looked up to and to live a life that reflects the Gospel (living a life of holiness, purity, and free from addictions).
- Live in agreement with the NCC Leadership Covenant and Core Values.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please share with us in your cover letter how your faith journey interfaces with your personal and professional life. We ask you to include your name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. NCC is committed to creating a diverse environment and welcomes your application.