Summary: Responsible for the Overall Christian Education Program of the church and Christian nurture of our children aged infant to sixth grade
· Coordinates, plans, implements and supervises the overall Christian Education and Spiritual Formation of the church.
· Suggests, provides resources, and orders materials for the St. John’s program of Christian Education including training of Sunday School Teachers and nurture for all ages.
· Gives direct attention to Children’s Ministries.
· Works with Associate Minister for Missions, Evangelism, and Young Adult Ministries to meet the specific needs of Young Adults.
· Works with the Senior Adult Council to support and facilitate older adult ministries.
· Coordinate with the Children's Council and Church Council to develop and implement annual goals, budget, and ministries for children.
· Empower others to be in ministry with children.
· Responsible for recruiting, training, enabling, and resourcing teachers and other leaders for children’s ministry activities such as Vacation Bible School, The Grove, Sunday School, Children’s Church, and others.
· Provide resources that foster strong families and faith formation in children.
· Work with the Children’s Council to plan and implement programs involving children and their families.
· Coordinate with Youth Director in development and maintenance of a "feeder" program for 5th and 6th grade children.
· Child Care - Supervise the nursery staff to ensure quality preschool child care on Sunday morning and for church events that require such care.
· Weekday Programs - Assist with the coordination of space and resources with the Pre-School/Kindergarten and Children's choirs.
· Make sure that our facilities and procedures provide a "safe sanctuary" for our children and that St John’s Safe Sanctuary Policy is current and adhered to in all children's programs and ministries.
· Nurture personal spirituality through prayer, Bible Study, accountability of other believers, personal retreat and worship.
· Continue learning and growing in the Christian faith and take advantage of opportunities to enhance our children's ministries at St John’s.
· Assist with the administrative duties of the programs including communication with members, production of newsletters, reservations, web page information and other items as needed.
· Maintain a positive culture and team spirit among the St. John’s staff by modeling the core values of the staff and support of the Senior Minister’s vision for the church.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Administration or Senior Minister.
· Shares supervision of the Youth Ministers with the appropriate Associate Pastor, supervises the Nursery Staff and provides leadership to volunteer directors for programs.
St. John's is a vibrant, multi-generational church with something to offer anyone who walks through our doors. We have thriving youth and children's programs that draw families from all over our community. Our goal is to welcome any and everyone with an open heart in order to extend the love of Jesus and create disciples.
First United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Full-time | Clover, South Carolina
Clover, South Carolina
Trinity United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Full-time | Charles City, Iowa
Charles City, Iowa
Aldersgate United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Part-time | Tustin, California
Fountain of Life UM Church | United Methodist
Part-time | Buffalo, Illinois