Job Type: Part-Time +/- 10 hours/week; One hour of worship/week, possible rehearsals, and occasional special services will be required.
Salary: Up to $15,000 annually
General Summary: McGuire United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Director of Music to lead our 10:30am worship service and the overall music ministry of our congregation. This person will be responsible for providing and cultivating musical leadership in the area of choral music and other forms of music during Sunday Worship and other seasonal worship opportunities throughout the year. As a committed follower of Jesus, this person will lead people to glorify God and strengthen their faith through a variety of musical opportunities in the life of our congregation.
Additionally, we are seeking a candidate who will help lead us into new possibilities in our music ministry – new styles of worship, new relationships with our children’s ministry and Child Development Center, cultivating new musical leadership within the congregation, and re-establishing relationships with other local United Methodist Churches for seasonal performances.
· Develop ongoing musical relationships with our Child Development Center
· Develop music ministries within our children and youth ministries
· Work with other local churches to provide our community with collaborative performances
· Coordinate with the Director of Family Ministries and Senior Pastor to help develop monthly “Family Worship Events” that feature new styles of worship for our congregation
· Preferred Bachelor’s degree in music, church music, or other related degree, or equivalent experience
· Experience in leading a choir and/or corporate worship
· Knowledge of traditional and contemporary styles of music and their role in worship
· Be familiar with the liturgical elements of worship within the United Methodist Church
· Have a desire to work with members of the church with all levels of music abilities
Send letter of interest (cover letter) and resume with at least three references to Rev. Austin Rinehart ([email protected]) along with any links to videos of past performances.
McGuire United Methodist Church is a regional church located in West Monroe, LA. We come from different socio-economic backgrounds. We span all the generations with a significant number of people coming from every age and stage of life. We come from a variety of faith backgrounds including but not limited to Methodist, Catholic, Pentecostal, Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, and no faith background at all. We are politically diverse with some who are Republicans, some who are Democrats, some who are Independents, and still others who are disinterested in politics. We have hunters and fisherman, and we have those who don’t do either. We are a diverse church, but we have one thing in common, our faith in Jesus Christ. Our mission is to share the love God, revealed in Jesus Christ, with the world. We live out this mission with a particular focus towards young families and children.
Learn more about us by visiting www.mcguireumc.org.
Cross of Grace Lutheran Church
Part-time | New Palestine, Indiana
New Palestine, Indiana
New City Fellowship of Atlantic City | Presbyterian: PCA
Part-time | Atlantic City, New Jersey
Atlantic City, New Jersey
First Baptist Church of Davenport, Iowa | Baptist: American
Part-time | Davenport, Iowa
Palm West Community Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Sun City West, Arizona
Sun City West, Arizona
Calvary Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Sedalia, Missouri