The First Baptist Church of Osprey, FL is seeking God’s guidance in the call of a full time pastor. The church is located in an area that draws a number of seasonal (winter) residents. Therefore, attendance fluctuates based upon season. We are a relatively small church that, pre-COVID, averaged roughly 55-65 per week in worship during the “off season” and roughly 120-130 during “season”. Post- COVID attendance currently averages 55-65 per week.
· Committed Christian whose life demonstrates the Biblical qualifications of pastor/bishop as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
· Beliefs consistent with the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
· Personal walk with God exemplifies the teachings of the New Testament.
· Clear sense of God’s call to the ministry.
· Strong conviction of God’s leadership to pursue this opportunity.
· Combination of formal education and experience in pastoral ministry.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience as a pastor of a church.
· Degree in Ministry/Theology from an accredited seminary.
· Former affiliation with a Southern Baptist church.
· Email resume with references to [email protected]
First Baptist Church, Newberry, FL
St. Lukes UMC
Teen Challenge Gateway Boys Academy
Venice Presbyterian Church
Upper Cross Roads Baptist Church
First Baptist Church
Rising Hope Neighborhood Church
Shiloh Baptist Church (New Site)