Our Student Ministries Pastor will bring pastoral vision and leadership to the students (grades 5-12) of Berwick Assembly and their parents, as well as the surrounding community. This will be done following with the vision (Reach-Connect-Serve-Grow) and values (Communication-Community-Continuity-Creativity) of the church. All aspects of Student Ministry will be entrusted to his/her leadership.
The ideal candidate will be a Christ-honoring individual who is committed to a growing relationship with Jesus. Additionally, they will be committed to supporting and helping to fulfill the vision of the church while maintaining its values and strategy. They will be a credential-holding Assemblies of God minister, highly relational, an excellent communicator, aware of and familiar with student culture and trends, and equally comfortable ministering to people inside and outside the church.
The schedule of the Student Ministries Pastor is considered full-time. Schedule requirements will include normal office hours and all regular weekly service times (Sundays and Wednesdays) as well as major all-church events. Office hours are 9AM - 4PM. Two days off will be provided per week: Saturday and a recurring day of the Student Ministries Pastor's choice.
A full compensation package will be determined by the Board of Berwick Assembly and communicated at a time when a job offer would be extended. Additionally, paid vacation time will be provided in conjunction with church personnel policy.
The position of Student Ministries Pastor will report to the Lead Pastor. Any disciplinary matters that may arise will be handled by the Lead Pastor in conjunction with the Church Board.
In conjunction with the vision and values of the church, the duties of the Student Ministries Pastor will include, but may not be limited to:
- Reach: Develop and implement creative models for Biblical evangelism, teaching students and parents to engage with their local communities in practical and meaningful ways; demonstrate relational evangelism on a personal level by inviting and involving new students and parents with the student, and broader, ministries of the church; cultivate an understanding of, support for, and involvement with missions on a level practical to students and parents.
- Connect: Consistently engage with students and parents within the context of the Student Ministry as well as members, attenders, and guests of the church; encourage and equip students and parents to do the same; participate in hospital and home visitation for those inside the sphere of Student Ministry and those outside that sphere as requested and needed by the Lead Pastor.
- Serve: Demonstrate and teach servant leadership to students, parents, and the church as a whole by cooperating with the Pastor, Pastoral Staff, and Core Leadership Team to identify and meet both the ministerial and practical needs of Berwick Assembly, its members, regular attenders, and guests; create and discover opportunities to involve students and parents in service within the church as well as its community\
- Grow: Grow both the depth and breadth of the Student Ministry by discovering, developing, and implementing effective methods of reaching and disciplining students; assist parents and families in cultivating healthy relationships; find, equip, and encourage new lay leaders for ministry while aiding existing leaders in developing a deeper understanding of their ministry and relationship with the Lord.
Additional Responsibilities - Maintain all applicable financial budgets provided to the student ministry; maintain regular office hours; establish and maintain propriety guidelines for all interactions with members of the opposite sex, especially minors; maintain all Student Ministry Staff clearances in accordance with PA state law and Berwick Assembly policy; meet regularly with the Lead Pastor; be available to serve the needs of the church and Pastoral Staff in ways that are outside the normal bounds of the job description. Regular review of responsibilities, expectations, and execution thereof will occur.
- Certified, Licensed, or Ordained credential holder within the Assemblies of God.
- Completed and clean background check including PA criminal history, child abuse history, and FBI fingerprint check.
- Strong commitment to Christ and an ongoing, growing relationship with the Lord.
- Understanding of, and willingness to serve within, the fundamental doctrinal truths of the Assemblies of God.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to function, and achieve, well within a team-driven environment.
- A teachable attitude with a commitment to continued growth in character, ministry competency, and biblical and doctrinal knowledge.
Our purpose is to be a Ministry Center committed to exalting God (worship), encouraging relationships (fellowship), equipping believers for ministry (discipleship), and enlarging the Kingdom of God (evangelism). At Berwick Assembly we strive to accomplish this mission by providing heartfelt ministry to the whole family. Berwick Assembly offers life changing messages, powerful and moving music, and quality ministry to children, youth, and adults.
Presently, Berwick Assembly serves over 300 members and adherents. God has abundantly blessed Berwick Assembly!
Please join us for a worship service. Our desire is that you will experience the presence of God and the love of Godâ€™s people.