Aldersgate United Methodist Church
Is Accepting Applications for
Youth Ministry Director
About the Position
The Youth Ministry Director nurtures junior high and high-school aged youth to connect, grow and serve in their faith journey as disciples of Jesus Christ, and partners with parents and volunteers to provide a village of support and encouragement for youth. This is a part-time, 20 hour/week position reporting to a Senior Pastor. The pay rate ranges from $18.00 to $22.00 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the spiritual development of young people and who can join Aldersgate UMC as we make new disciples of Jesus. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated Christian with strong leadership, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills who loves students and has the ability to work effectively with teenagers and parents. They should have experience soliciting and effectively using parent and volunteer support, collaborating with a team toward common goals, and functioning effectively with minimal oversight. While not required, a Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
· Collaborate with the pastors and youth parents to provide and lead youth faith development opportunities for spiritual growth, meaningful relationships and self-development
· Plan and implement youth bible studies, confirmation classes and youth gatherings in conjunction with the Family Ministries Team
· Recruit, train and supervise a youth leadership team to lead their peers
· Recruit, train and supervise adult volunteer leaders and helpers
· Coordinate logistics (budget, transportation, communication/marketing, staffing, etc.) for youth events, summer mission trips, and other opportunities that facilitate the transition of youth from children to young adulthood
· Serve as a liaison between the youth and their church by attending worship, staff meetings and Church Council meetings to the extent possible
· Manage the Youth Program budget
· Maintain rosters and pertinent information for youth participants, parents, and volunteers, including attendance/participation records
· Commit to ongoing professional education in the area of Youth Ministry, including participation in Youth Ministry workshops and conferences
· High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Experience with a church-based Youth Ministry or other similar programs
· A growing Christian faith and ability to articulate that faith; a basic knowledge of United Methodist church history, practice and theology
About Aldersgate United Methodist Church
Aldersgate UMC (www.aumctustin.org) is a continuation of the Methodist Movement that transforms lives and communities through the grace and power of Jesus Christ. Aldersgate is a movement devoted to connecting with God and others, growing in our likeness to Jesus Christ, and serving the least, the last and the lost together.
Send resume and cover letter expressing interest to [email protected]. Open until filled.
Aldersgate United Methodist Church (www.aumctustin.org) is a continuation of the Methodist Movement that transforms lives and communities through the grace and power of Jesus Christ. Aldersgate is a movement devoted to connecting with God and others, growing in our likeness to Jesus Christ, and serving the least, the last and the lost together.
exo18 | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Fresno, California
Trabuco Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Full-time | Trabuco Canyon, California
Trabuco Canyon, California
First Presbyterian Church Bakersfield | Presbyterian
Full-time | Bakersfield, California
ECHO.CHURCH | Non-Denominational
Full-time | SAN JOSE, California
SAN JOSE, California
La Crescenta Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Full-time | La Crescenta, California
La Crescenta, California
FUMC Midlothian | United Methodist
Full-time | Midlothian, Texas