First Baptist Church of Cocoa is prayerfully seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Worship due to the retirement of our Music Minister of 18 years. Our new Worship Pastor will be responsible for planning and leading worship services, providing spiritual leadership, and incorporating a blended music program that supports the church’s vision to be “A Multigenerational Family on Mission.”
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Designing the worship services in conjunction with the Senior Pastor (Sunday Morning, Wednesday Prayer Meeting).
● Developing a music program that supports our vision of becoming A Multigenerational Family on Mission. This will include the integration of traditional choir-type music with more contemporary music.
● Leading worship through strong vocals and instrumental capabilities
● Forming/leading a worship band.
● Leading the choir including rehearsals and musical presentations.
● Coaching the youth band including rehearsals and musical presentations.
● Providing oversight to the Audio-Visual Team ensuring that the music and technology are seamlessly integrated.
● Managing the church’s website, social media outlets, and graphic design.
● Keeping regular office hours (9am-2pm, Mon-Thurs).
● Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
● Bachelor of Arts Degree from a Bible-based, evangelical Bible college or seminary with an emphasis on music and worship (Minimum)
● Further formal music education and Southern Baptist theological education (Preferred)
Those seeking to apply should send the following documents to [email protected]:
● Current Resume
● Personal testimony
● Description of pastoral call and philosophy of music ministry
● Video of leading a worship service
Resumes will be collected through August, 9, 2022.
All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of age or ethnicity.
Total Compensation Package Range: $40,000-$50,000
We are a small Southern Baptist Church, in Cocoa, FL in Brevard County. The area is known as the Space Coast. The church has between 100-200 members, primarily senior citizens. We have just called a new pastor and he is leading us to a vision of a vibrant multigenerational church. We currently have a youth group of about 25 youth, a youth band, an AWANA program of about 20 children. There is a small choir. The staff consists of a senior pastor, a full-time associate pastor of Worship (new position), a Youth Pastor (currently vacant) and an administrative assistant. Our facilities consist of a sanctuary, a Christian Activities Center, administrative wing and 2 large buildings of classrooms. The church is debt free.
Faith Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Lakeland, Florida
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Clermont, Florida
Oakhurst UMC | United Methodist
Full-time | Seminole, Florida
Second Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hamlet, North Carolina
Hamlet, North Carolina
First Baptist Kirksville | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Kirksville, Missouri
Highland Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hickory, North Carolina
Hickory, North Carolina