Formation Minister 2
FirstABQ Christian Church · Albuquerque, NM · 2023 (4.4)
About this position —
The Formation Pastor is a Jesus follower, who equips people as followers of Jesus to embody the Follow Jesus mission. Form adults into the image of Christ: mobilize people for ministry, direct guest and newcomer ministry, and oversee student ministry. This fulltime position reports to the Senior Pastor.
Apply if you are —
· Passionate for connecting people to God, others and the mission of following Jesus
· Showing evidence of an active growing relationship with God praying daily
· Energized by building teams and doing what it takes to make the team succeed in ministry
· Experienced with a minimum of 2-3 years in ministry, ministry degree (M.Div. preferred)
In this position you will —
○ Mobilize people for ministry as followers of Jesus by facilitating and creating structures for ministry
○ Lead guest and new member programs (First Impressions, First Steps, etc.)
○ Lead organization of greeters, guest information, Safety Team, and guest follow-up
○ Administrate current and new ministries, ministry lists and directory information (membership software)
○ Utilize and Administrate membership software database, technology and media to facilitate ministry
○ Oversee Student Ministry: equip and lead Youth Sponsors (meetings, rotations, schedule, calendar, communication), develop new strategies to engage students, and partner with Children’s Ministry
○ Serve and support with small groups, by developing groups for parents, young families, teens
○ Serve as contact point for building and maintenance (note: the office admin schedules building use, custodian cleans, and building & grounds person sees to repairs)
○ Serve in outreach ministry
Provide Ministry Support to the Senior Minister
○ Organize and provide clear communication of events to connect people to service
○ Flexibility to develop and run new ministry projects for people to practice the mission: Follow Jesus
○ Occasional pastoral care (visits, calls, newcomers, preaching, teaching, etc.)
You display —
· A life committed to following Jesus, spiritual growth, and the beliefs of FirstABQ.org/webelieve
· Quality organizational skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills
· Ability to lead and develop volunteers
Weekly Schedule - Office hours Mon-Fri, Sundays, and as needed for meetings, pastoral care, etc.
Interested applicants may apply at FirstABQ.org/Jobs with resume, references, and a brief theology of the practice of ministry
Minister Search: FirstABQ is searching for a Formation Pastor to direct ministry: member mission engagement, guest response, new members, small group leaders, and general ministry. Thankfully we have strong ministry teams, a large active group of small group leaders, and member-greeters with a prayerful love of guests. What’s needed is a minister to organize effort, utilize church database, and direct the energy of this willing group of servants at FirstABQ. In sum, we want someone formed into the image of Jesus Christ who is experienced in leading others to follow Jesus.
Church Profile: FirstABQ is a Christian Church in the North East Heights of Albuquerque. We are led by preaching, formation, worship, student, and children’s ministers along with three support staff and a vibrant elder board. The church has 400+ members and runs 200 in a traditional and a contemporary worship service (also streamed online) and has fifteen small groups. This healthy congregation and leadership have one mission: Follow Jesus. Every day with each task, through all ministries, as a guide to decisions, and in our daily routines, we Follow Jesus. This mission expects each person to be with Jesus everywhere, do what Jesus did, say what Jesus taught, and go where Jesus leads. Following Jesus identifies who we are and functions as our invitation to others. Our living worship and our public worship put God first as we follow Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit. The blessing of a 120-year history as a church in Albuquerque is firm ground we run forward upon to join the work God is doing in Albuquerque. As a group we look forward to where God is calling us rather than backward to what God has done through us.
City: Albuquerque is a mile high city with pleasant weather year-round with all four distinct seasons. It boasts easy outdoor access to hiking and biking trails, rivers for canoeing, mountains for camping and rock climbing, ski slopes, city parks, and more. Our neighborhood of diverse people is represented in its varied ethnicity, culture, earning power, food options, and shopping. Nationally, we sit on the West Sandia Mountains at the intersection of I-40 and I-25, which means we have big city amenities and influences. Like any big city, Albuquerque faces poverty, homelessness, and crime. New Mexico is called the land of enchantment, valuing a creative, artistic, individual spirit as well as a highly communal culture with high technology companies like Intel, large government research like Sandia Labs, and a very old mixture of cultures.
Villa Rica Christian | Christian Church
Full-time | Villa Rica, Georgia
Villa Rica, Georgia
Community Bible Church of Orange Park Ministries, Inc | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Orange Park, Florida
Orange Park, Florida
Real Hope Community Church | Baptist
Full-time | Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Lake Mills, Wisconsin