Principal Function: To give guidance, supervision, and promotion to Birth through 6th grade ministries of the church.
Staff Relationship: Shall work under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Pastor, in cooperation with other staff members.
- Lead the church in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive ministry of Preschool through Children’s Christian education.
- Direct the enlistment and training of workers for the church ministry organizations.
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of Vacation Bible School.
- Work with the ministry leaders to coordinate visitation and lead workers to visit prospects and absentees.
- Establish regular communication with Preschool and Children Teams as suggested in the Committee Team Manual.
- Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space in the church ministries. Maintain adequate supplies, literature and materials.
- Plan and conduct special projects for children ministries such as retreats, camps, summer programs, Fall Festivals, etc.
- Coordinate and enlist transportation for all off campus activities involving children’s ministry.
- Plan and conduct projects for preschool ministries.
- Assist in all church-wide evangelism events.
- Supervise the Mother’s Day Out Program.
- Enlist and hire paid childcare workers as needed.
- Supervise paid childcare workers.
- Prepare an annual budget for recommendation to the Finance Committee.
- Work with other members of the church staff in coordinating their work with the total church ministry.
- Develop, maintain, and consult the protective care regarding all workers and participants in all ministry activities.