ABOUT THE WORSHIP PASTOR
The Worship Pastor will have a passion to lead people to see God glorified and brought into a closer relationship with Him through a meaningful music worship experience in a multi generational congregation. The Worship Pastor must enthusiastically embrace a broad variety of music styles including contemporary worship songs, hymns, choir, and orchestra.
- Select and lead appropriate music for all worship services that expresses glory to God, is biblically sound, and will lead congregation to sincere Worship.
- Create, recruit, train, and supervise all music related teams including the adult choir, age-appropriate choirs, adult praise team, praise band, orchestra, and audio/video team.
- As needed, plan, and coordinate special services for Easter, Christmas, VBS, etc.
- As requested, work with Children's and Student ministries for any music needs.
- Be an active participating church member in areas other than music.
- Support pastoral care to persons and families who are involved in worship/music ministry and other church families as assigned.
- The Worship Pastor will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Provide Pastoral care to persons and families involved in the music ministry and others as lead.
- Supervise and lead the A/V team.
THE FIVE C’S OF A GREAT FIT
- Have a pastor's heart, love God and love people, be personable, and have a gracious, humble spirit.
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Have a strong work ethic, be a good time manager.
- Have an evident calling to ministry.
- Have a sincere desire to passionately serve God and others and to minister to the church.
- College and seminary degree preferred in music related category.
- Leadership experience in a church setting.
- Strong musical and vocal talent.
- Experience leading across multiple worship platforms using a variety of music styles including contemporary praise teams, hymns, choir, and orchestra.
- Strong administration and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proven ability in training and developing a strong music and technical volunteers.
- Supportive of the other pastors and staff and work in close collaboration.
- Have a positive attitude and support the vision of the senior pastor.
- Models a healthy lifestyle and exhibits ongoing personal spiritual growth.