- Parkview Baptist Church
- 3403 NW 13th Street
- Gainesville, FL 32609
POSITION TITLE: Senior Pastor
STATUS: Ministerial, Part-Time (25 hours/week)
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: $40,000 per Annum
OPEN PERIOD: Dec 15, 2021 – Jan 31, 2022
The Senior Pastor shall give leadership to the congregation, the church staff and the educational organizations of the church in the areas of worship, Christian service, pastoral ministries, evangelism and the stewardship of life. The Senior Pastor works on a part-time (25 hours/week) schedule on the Church ministerial staff with supervisory responsibilities.
Parkview Baptist Church meets together to lift up Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and to obey His Great Commandment (Matthew 22:35-40) and Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). We are united in a desire for growth, an openness for change, a longing to reach the younger generations for Christ, and a heart to strengthen our love and compassion for each other and those around us.
Parkview’s multi-cultural fellowship is known for its friendly welcoming atmosphere. Our history includes taking a lead in civil rights issues in the 1960s, and welcoming women into leadership and ordained ministry. Our lay led worship is a blended mix of contemporary and traditional music.
We support local and international missions and the ministries of local community groups. We are an autonomous church, affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our Statement of Faith is based on the Baptist Faith and Message (1963).
- Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Committed to personal spiritual growth
- Called by God to lead and care for congregation in fulfilling the mission of the Church
- University or Seminary Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of pastoral ministry experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of different worship styles and formats, and experience preparing and leading services for various occasions in order to foster and maintain appropriate spiritual atmosphere for the congregation.
- Knowledge of the Bible, key Christian doctrines, hermeneutics, and various preaching styles in order to proclaim the Gospel and teach practical applications for our current times in a challenging and encouraging way. Please submit samples of your preaching via a web link or electronic files.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of counseling in order to provide pastoral care to church members at various life stages, in diverse circumstances and settings and make referrals to specialists when appropriate.
- Experience in developing or adapting various discipleship programs in order to provide guidance and support to lay leaders as they direct the congregation in ongoing spiritual formation to fulfill the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
- Knowledge of diverse programs and techniques to equip, encourage and lead the congregation to reach out to unchurched and unsaved people in the community.
- Ability to provide guidance and support to lay leaders as they develop and implement creative and traditional ministries to address needs of the church and the community, using their God-given talents.
- Ability to supervise ministerial and non-ministerial staff to plan and coordinate various church events and ministries while fostering a healthy working environment for all church staff
- Ability to work with church leaders, committees, and teams in order to remain aligned with the overarching goals of the Church. Ability to represent the Church in community and denominational service as appropriate.
- The ability and willingness to use up-to-date technologies in communication and teaching, including computers, smart phones, videos, social media, online meeting and collaboration applications (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams.)
- Ministry, Discipleship, and Outreach
- Maintain spiritual health by the active practice of the disciplines of the Christian faith.
- Exercise self-leadership in the continued development of ministry gifts and identity.
- Give significant time to study and preparation for preaching responsibilities.
- Work with music team leaders to develop order of service, reviews worship bulletin and weekly announcements.
- Serve as the church's primary worship service leader for various types of services.
- Provide pastoral care to church members at various life stages, in diverse circumstances and settings and make referrals to specialists when appropriate.
- Provide guidance and support to lay leaders as they develop and implement creative and traditional ministries to address needs of the church and the community, using their God-given talents.
- Provide guidance and support to lay leaders as they direct the congregation in ongoing spiritual formation to fulfill the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
- Equip, encourage and lead the congregation to reach out to unchurched and unsaved people in the community.
- Work with church leaders, committees, and teams in order to remain aligned with the overarching goals of the Church
- Serve as ex-officio member on all committees and councils.
- Occasionally represent the Church in community and denominational service on a limited basis.
- Serve as editor of the monthly newsletter and church calendar of activities.
- Coordinate mass communications with the congregation.
- Supervise Church Secretary and any ministerial staff to plan and coordinate various church events and ministries while fostering a healthy working environment for church staff.
- Maintain a healthy marriage and family life, if married.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Schedule periodic times for professional development and renewal.
- Schedule necessary vacation leaves.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Annual leave
- Paid Sick leave
- Paid Administrative leave
- Housing Allowance: Parkview allows ministers to claim a portion of their salary as a housing allowance per IRS regulations.