Position: Youth Pastor/Leader
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
General: Coordinate and lead a well-rounded youth program to meet the needs of teens and their families, always focusing on leading youth to a saving knowledge of Christ and helping them grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ, equipping them for ministry. Plan, implement and evaluate activities that develop the spiritual, emotional, social, and physical aspects of life. Develop a comprehensive, specific plan for the total youth program, calendaring events as far in advance as possible. Plan special events such as camps, retreats, mission trips and smaller events to keep the interest at a peak. Lead and work as a team with youth workers and teachers. Develop relationships with parents and involve them in the youth program, always keeping them informed. Visit youth and develop relationships with them. Develop a visitation program for youth with the objective of reaching new and un-churched teens. Build and nurture the unit of the youth group.
Work with grades 6-12.
(Exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing church … looking for a TEAM member to lead the youth in the challenges for today … great support team and environment to work in … responsible to pastor for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the youth program to include specifically grades 6-12.
Major Objective - To design, lead and oversee a high quality youth ministry that produces changed lives, by equipping Christian teens and reaching unchurched teens.
1. Coordinate and lead the overall youth ministry of the church.
2. Lead teenagers to a saving knowledge of Christ and a closer walk with Him.
3. Plan, implement and evaluate activities that develop the spiritual, emotional, social, and physical aspects of life. (Keep a balance of fun and seriousness.) Examples – fun outings, spiritual events, social gatherings, ministry to others, witnessing.
4. Develop a comprehensive, specific plan for the total youth program. Calendar events as far in advance as possible.
5. Plan special events such as camps, retreats, mission trips, etc. Also plan and implement smaller events to keep the interest in the youth program.
6. Lead and work as a team with all current youth workers, teachers and leaders (youth council and parents).
7. Develop relationships with parents and involve them in the youth program as much as possible. Keep parents well informed. They are your best allies.
8. Visit youth and develop relationships with them. (Spending time with them is absolutely essential.)
9. Develop evangelistic concern and efforts among teens to reach their lost friends.
10. Other duties as assigned. (We have a "whatever it takes" approach. This will require assistance in areas other than youth programs, when needed.)
11. Build and nurture the unity of the group.
12. Plan a yearly budget to be submitted to the Budget & Finance team in the Fall. Work within the approved budget guidelines.
13. Other duties as may be assigned by the pastor.
Our Sunday morning service begins at 10:00am
Andrews First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Andrews, North Carolina
Andrews, North Carolina
Elizabeth Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Shelby, North Carolina
Shelby, North Carolina
FBC Swannanoa | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Swannanoa, North Carolina
Swannanoa, North Carolina
Ebenezer Baptist | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hillsborough, North Carolina
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Rocky Hock Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Edenton, North Carolina
Edenton, North Carolina
Real Life Church of NC | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Stanley, North Carolina
Stanley, North Carolina