First Christian Church is a growing congregation committed to reaching the unchurched in and around Warsaw, Indiana. Nestled in the heart of beautiful Kosciusko County in Northern Indiana, an area with over 100 lakes, we are truly in "lake country." The local orthopedic industry drives the thriving economy of Warsaw, bringing many medical professionals and engineers to live here. Our community is also home to Grace College, an excellent school for continuing education.
Our children's ministry has doubled in size from pre-COVID numbers. Many of our newest attenders are young families with kids, and we are excited to expand our outreach by creating a full-time Children's Minister position.
Church Mission Statement:
Making disciples of Jesus Christ by inspiring and equipping believers through the Word of God to reflect Jesus’ heart and mission where we live, work, and play
Basic Goals for this position:
- Raise up a vibrant, fun, and loving crew of ministry workers who will teach, disciple, and model a Christ-centered life to children.
- Lead a ministry that inspires children to place their trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, and to love, serve, and follow Him.
- Reach the families of this community and equip them to do discipleship in their homes.
Qualifications for this position:
- Give evidence of a life that continues to be changed by the grace of Jesus Christ.
- Be gifted in leadership.
- Possess excellent skills in recruiting, equipping, motivating, and rewarding volunteers.
- Display an energetic and positive personality.
- Exhibit strong communication skills and a high level of creativity.
- Possess the appropriate education, training and experience for the position – a minimum of a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Exude a passion for all people to become fully committed followers of Jesus Christ.
- Have experience in a dynamic and thriving church children’s ministry.
Duties & Areas of Oversight
- Give oversight to the Sunday morning environments of worship and learning for children Pre-school through Grade 6.
- Give oversight to the Sunday morning nursery environment for children Birth through Toddlers.
- Provide opportunities beyond Sunday mornings for children to experience Christian service, outreach, fellowship, and spiritual growth.
- Ensure all children’s ministry environments are fully staffed with volunteers.
- Provide regular times of training and encouragement for the children’s ministry volunteer team.
- Give oversight to an annual Vacation Bible School outreach.
- Enthusiastically advertise and promote children’s ministry activities within the church and throughout the community.
- Maintain strict safety-conscious guidelines for the protection of children as well as volunteers.
- Guide choices made in curriculum selection.
- Offer spiritual counsel and pastoral care to parents, children, and volunteers.
- Take an active role in promoting Michiana Christian Camp, and helping to program the week of 4th Grade Camp that First Christian Church leads there.
- Be growing as a personal worshipper by spending time in prayer and in God’s Word on a daily basis.
- Be involved in personal discipleship through a Life Group.
- Be a team player with the staff team in the overall planning and fulfillment of strategic programs and events.
- Stay current in Children’s Ministry and church leadership through continuing education, conferences, or workshop opportunities.
- Meet regularly with the Lead Minister for mutual encouragement and ongoing discussion of visionary goals.
- Perform ministerial duties as circumstances dictate.
- Adhere to the First Christian Church Employee Handbook for matters of workplace conduct.