PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Leads with and upholds the Children’s Ministry strategy to families and volunteers.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepares environment for volunteers and children
o Open rooms
o Set up check-in station(s)
o Setup large group space(s)
o Ensure rooms are safe, clean and ready for children
• Manages gathering
o Ensures volunteers report to assigned rooms
o Oversees all volunteers to ensure policies and procedures are being implemented appropriately
o Directs families and children to the appropriate environments
o Manages child-to-volunteer ratios
• Leads and organizes training of all volunteers including
o Organized Leader Huddles
o Ensures volunteers obtain and have read Volunteer Handbook
o On-the-job training
• Ensures all volunteers have completed all forms before serving
• Recruits for all open positions within preschool and elementary
• Communicates and casts vision and strategy to parents and volunteers
• Steps in on child discipline issues as needed
• Ensures all areas are clean and safe at the end of each Sunday
• Recruits volunteers
• Follows up with volunteers
• Coordinates and manages volunteers for each gathering
• Work with the campus coordinator/campus pastor on follow-up with new families
• Joins all multi-site directors/coordinators meetings for team trainings on strategy, volunteers, events, volunteer appreciation, support and encouragement
• Keeps all forms up-to-date and posted within database
• Oversees, edits and preps curriculum for large and small groups
• Works with campus pastor and central services to maintain physical appearance and safety of environment
• Attends staff meetings
• Meets regularly with campus pastor to plan upcoming events, encouragement and support
• Thinks through the planning of ministry calendar
• Supports church-wide special events
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to bayareacc.org/jobs
If we had just one word to describe Bay Area, it would be Jesus.
We are Jesus people. We love Jesus, follow Jesus, and seek to become like Jesus.
If we had two words, it would be make disciples.
We want to grow as disciples of Jesus who help make disciples of others.
If we had one sentence, it would be our mission statement: Making passionate, maturing followers of Jesus from here to the nations.
Every word is important. Passionate. Not apathetic. Maturing. We are always growing. Followers. Everybody follows someone or something. We follow Jesus. From here. Right where we live. To the nations. All around the world.
If we had one verse, it would be Matthew 28:19; “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations”
We believe that God calls every believer and every church to live out the mission of making disciples of all nations.
Bay Area Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Annapolis, Maryland
Rocky River United Methodist Church
Part-time | Rocky River, Ohio
Rocky River, Ohio
Living Waters Christian Fellowship
Full-time | Waverly, Minnesota