First Baptist Church Venice, Florida
Purpose of Position: To serve as the Church Administrator.
Responsible for: Strengthening FBC Venice by seeing to the overall management and operation of FBC Venice and the protection of the organization’s financial assets while ensuring compliance with Senior Pastor directives, Leadership Ministry Team’s (LMT) directives, and federal and state requirements for the body of FBC Venice to operate smoothly and grow strong knowing the truth, growing in community, and going to serve.
· Church Treasurer
· Stewardship Team
· Discipleship Ministry
· Worship Arts Ministry
· Family Ministry
· Children Ministry
. Youth/Recreation Ministry
· Director of Missions
· Creative Outreach Director
· Director of Communications
· Facilities Manager
· Administrative Staff
· See Essential Duties and Responsibilities below
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Peers with: Senior Pastor, LMT, Deacons
Primary character/chemistry/competency required:
· Elder qualified as per I Tim 3 and Titus 1
· Vital growing relationship with Christ
· Shows love for all people of the church
· Biblical philosophy of ministry in sync with the “know grow go” model of the church. Able to function well with staff.
· Management: Maintains effective systems of internal controls to account for all receipts and expenditures of funds. Manages church funds to maximize the earnings under the federal regulations and develops options available to the LMT.
· Job Knowledge: Understands the technical aspects of managing a nonprofit organization; provides advice to Senior Pastor, FBC Venice LMT, and staff, directly and/or solicits guidance from experts. Understands the duties and responsibilities of the position and keeps job knowledge up to date. Clearly understands the mission of FBC Venice and continuously works to promote FBC Venice and achieve its goals.
· Initiative in fulfilling the goals of the organization: From interactions with attendees, members, leadership and other churches in the community, the executive pastor recognizes and brings to the attention of the senior pastor, issues that affect the organization, and implements plans to reach organizational goals as determined by the LMT. Displays initiative in developing action plans and resolving problems as they occur, in consultation with the senior pastor and other members of the LMT.
· Communication: Communicates effectively with multiple audiences using a variety of formats. Examples include written communications that clearly outline the situation and action items, verbal presentations and briefings to the staff, the LMT and other parties; presenting at local meetings and to outside groups regarding a variety of issues affecting FBC Venice.
· Dependability: Seeks increased responsibility while remaining conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable, with respect to achieving the organization’s goals. This includes being available and responsive to issues and concerns as they arise.
· Demonstrated administrative skills
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Lifelong learner
· Proven discipler/spiritual mentor of others
· Able to cast vision, recruit, equip volunteer workers and leaders (a leader of leaders)
· Must sense a call by God to the position.
· Agreement with the “Baptist Faith and Message”.
· Have a desire and passion to fulfill its requirements.
Approximate Time Required by the Position
· 55 hours: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. The executive pastor is responsible for overall operations, asset protection for FBC Venice, a 501(c) (3) non-profit private church corporation.
The incumbent also:
2. Oversees all accounting functions including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, capital asset and property management and payroll in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, board policies and procedures, and all other applicable rules and guidelines.
3. Handles all aspects of human resource management for all employees, except senior pastor, including but not limited to hiring and termination, under direction of the senior pastor, developing position descriptions, setting compensation, and applying LMT-approved employee policies and benefits in accordance with federal and state requirements; regularly supervises FBC Venice administrative staff as it develops.
4. Interacts with other personnel and organizations, regarding matters affecting FBC Venice.
5. Is responsible for contracts management including negotiating agreement terms that reflect the needs of FBC Venice, coordinates with legal advisors to finalize agreement terms; monitors progress of agreements and maintains agreement documentation to ensure fulfillment of agreement terms including receipt and expenditure of funds.
6. Assists in the development of current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for FBC Venice operations. Establishes plans to achieve goals set by the Senior Pastor LMT and implements policies, subject to approval by the Senior Pastor and the LMT.
7. Works closely with the senior pastor to ensure he is provided with appropriate support systems and quality service in all areas.
8. Analyzes and evaluates vendor services, particularly for insurance, employee benefits and management of FBC Venice funds, to determine programs and providers that best meets the needs of FBC Venice and makes recommendations to the LMT, and senior pastor as appropriate; negotiates services, terms and premiums and executes contracts with benefit plan providers, supply and service vendors, auditors and consultants; manages payroll and benefits programs.
Top Measurable Goals for 2023
1. Meet weekly with Senior Pastor.
➢ Serve at Senior Pastor’s pleasure.
2. Develop “NO” Criteria for Senior Pastor’s regular request to “meet people” if the
times will not further development of FBC Venice or the person requesting to
➢ Review Quarterly.
3. Annual Meetings.
➢ Preparation for meeting to begin in December for end of March meeting.
4. Hold Pastors and Staff Accountable to 2023 Goals.
➢ Review goals and progress monthly
➢ Take appropriate action.
➢ Report actions to LMT.
5. Maintain List of Ideas and Priorities.
➢ Review monthly.
➢ Review “hot items” during the weekly meeting with the Senior Pastor.
6. Oversee Overall Church Appearance and Presentation to Public.
➢ Discuss results monthly with the Facilities Director.
➢ Take appropriate action.
7. Work on Staffing Situations with Senior Pastor – as required.
8. Cash Flow Management.
➢ Continually monitor, report results and recommendations at the meeting of the LMT.
➢ Keep Staff apprised of financial picture at the weekly staff meeting.
9. Execution of Initiatives.
➢ Introduce new and proposed initiatives for consideration at the meeting of the LMT.
➢ Follow with appropriate and agreed action.
10. Revise and File By-Laws and Charter.
➢ In conjunction with the LMT, is the point person to ensure these actions are taken care of in the required timely fashion.
1. Pastor of the Day: TBD, Twice weekly.
Paramount Church | Anglican
Full-time | Jacksonville, Florida
First Baptist Church Pelham | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Pelham, Alabama
Redeemer Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
First Baptist Church Jackson | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Jackson, Missouri