The Associate Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee the Children’s, Teen and Young Adult ministries of Kimmels Church, helping our students and their parents become disciples of Jesus Christ and learn to teach others to do the same.
• A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
• Regular practice of spiritual disciplines
• A person of prayer
• Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit and walks in the power of the Spirit
• Strong relationship skills
• A healthy balance of work and rest in their life
• A person of integrity who has a good reputation inside and outside the church
• Agreement with the Constitution and Bylaws of Kimmels Evangelical Free Church
• Strong ability and experience equipping leaders and working with teams
• Ability to connect relationally with parents, teens and children
• Good teaching ability and communication skills
• Ability to work closely with Senior Pastor, Elders, other staff and volunteer leaders to see that objectives are accomplished
• Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
• Willingness and ability to try new things and inspire others
• Experience in raising a family would be an asset
• 5-10 years’ experience in youth or childrenʼs ministry preferred
• Bible college or seminary degree preferred; other qualifications and training considered
• Build a discipleship culture
• Recruit and equip volunteer leadership that fosters ministry sustainability (not solely dependent on paid staff)
• Create a safe environment for children and students that encourages growth in spiritual maturity
• Encourage and equip parents in their role as the primary disciplers of their children. Support them in teaching and mentoring in Christ-centered living
• Develop a Student Leadership Team that can be trained to lead and make disciples of peers
• Effectively integrate children, teens and young adults into the larger church community. Help foster an “extended family” atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute
• Work with leaders to develop a coordinated curriculum for all ages that progressively teaches and models life in Christ
• Be involved in a small group and disciple others in a small-group environment
• Be involved in the community, seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ
Result-Based Job Description:
Relationships: This is a highly relational ministry, and priority must be placed on building healthy relationships amongst children, youth, parents and staff.
· The Family Ministries Pastor knows our children, teens and young adults by name, as well as their parentsʼ names
· The Family Ministries Pastor participates in community/school events involving children and teens
· Children, teens and young adults who are new to Kimmels are personally contacted in a timely manner and made to feel welcome
· The Family Ministries Pastor has developed a pattern of relationship building in his neighborhood or with a community organization outside the church, such as sports or the local school
· The Family Ministries Pastor is accessible to parents and regularly reaches out to provide prayer and counsel and address family concerns
· Events are planned on a regular basis that are engaging not only to church families but those in the community.
Recruiting and Supervision: This position requires someone who enjoys seeing others succeed and grow in leadership abilities. The Family Ministries Pastor must first be an equipper, and secondly a doer.
· All volunteers receive training and regular feedback, including implementation of policies and best practices regarding child abuse and sexual exploitation prevention
· Regular meetings of adult volunteers and Student Leadership Team are held for training, encouragement and prayer
· Children’s, teen and young adult ministry staff are given opportunity to develop ministry plans, goals and budgets and evaluated regularly in their progress
Programs: Children’s, Teen and Young Adult programs need to focus on making disciples equipped to make other disciples. The Family Ministries Pastor, along with adult and student volunteers, will plan and facilitate these programs.
· Regular programs are growing in participation, enthusiasm and vision
· A growing number of teens, young adults and parents are participating in small groups, where they are being discipled and learning how to disciple others
· Children, teens and young adults are regularly participating in Sunday morning ministries, using their spiritual gifts to serve others
· Children, teens and young adults are serving alongside adults in various church ministries
· Teen and adult mission teams are sent out on a regular basis (at least every other year). This is not solely the Family Ministries Pastor’s role, but he will play a part in seeing this happen.
· The Family Ministries Pastor is available to take part in Sunday morning ministry, including preaching when necessary and to help with other church events.
Accountability: The Family Ministries Pastor is part of the church staff and accountable to the Senior Pastor.
Email cover letter, resume and any additional information you feel would be helpful to [email protected]
At Kimmels Church we value worship to God that is expressed through our music, words, prayers, thoughts, and actions every moment of every day both personally and corporately. We are committed to teaching and living according to the Word of God for it is our absolute authority in all areas. Teaching is centered on the Word of God as it applies to contemporary American life.
Worship is our whole life lived for God in what we say, think, and do. We strive to teach, encourage, and model how to worship God at home, the work place, church and everywhere in between. We value the love relationship with God that is available to everyone and the only way to a life with God in heaven.
Kimmels Church has had a faithful community presence for the last 172 years! While the church is very old, the congregation is not. God has blessed us with a beautiful range of generations, with an increasing number of young families. We currently have 140 people in our nursery through young adult age range, comprising 40 percent of our church congregation. We do not believe our young people are the future of the church. Rather, we believe young people ARE the church! As a result, we desire to glorify God by investing time, energy and resources to help meet the needs of our young people — and their families — so they come to know Jesus, mature as faithful disciples and remain connected to the body of Christ.
While we are excited to see so many young people actively involved in the life of our church, we know our calling is not solely to those who walk through our doors. We understand our group of young people represents only a small percentage of young people in our area, and the Holy Spirit has given us a growing desire to reach even more people in our community.
Our desire is to find a man of God with a passion to love families and continue Christ’s work with us. Because our church has such a rich history, some may assume we have many traditions. In fact, we have just one — we stand on the truth of God’s Word! We want to be led completely by the Holy Spirit, not popular opinion, tradition, money or the loudest voice. When we are following Him, Kimmels Church will bring Him glory. This is our prayer!
Petra Bible Fellowship | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Paphos, Cyprus (ignore state - req field), Pennsylvania
Paphos, Cyprus (ignore state - req field), Pennsylvania
The Reformed Church of Bushkill | Reformed
Part-time | East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Redeemer City Church | Evangelical Free
Full-time | Fitchburg, Wisconsin
Morris Evangelical Free Church | Evangelical Free
Full-time | Morris, Minnesota
Living Hope | Evangelical Free
Full-time | Willmar, Minnesota