Job Title: Family Ministry Assistant- Town & Country Christian Church
- Leading kids into a dynamic relationship with Christ and equipping them to grow and serve.
- Creating an environment encouraging families to create a discipleship focus in their homes.
- Assist in overseeing all ministries for children: birth - 12th grade (emphasis on Nursery Ministry-3rd grade).
Reports to: Family Minister; all staff is under the direct leadership of the Lead Minister & Elders. Status: Permanent Part-time Position (20 hours per week)
- Agreement with the beliefs of Town & Country Christian Church (TC3) is required. Town & Country is an independent Christian church associated with the Restoration Movement.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree) in the field of Education, Early Childhood Development, Christian Education, or Children’s Ministry, or equivalent experience, is preferred.
- The following observable qualifications are valued in this position:
- A personal, active, and growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. o Spend time in prayer to be in tune with God’s plan for your ministry.
- Displays mature spiritual leadership with a servant’s heart.
- Has an “extra mile” mentality.
- Has a passion for children and families.
- Able to identify and empathize with the personal and individual needs of a child
- Personable, friendly, warm, and approachable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Church Ministry Team Responsibilities:
- Pray continually for children, parents, staff, community and the lost.
- Attendance expected at various churchwide activities in addition to weekend services. Regular meetings,
- communication, prayer, and encouragement will be expected in an effort to build relationships within the staff and
- church leadership to work as a team.
- The Family ministry is one part of the overall ministry of TC3. The Family Ministry Assistant should support the
- overall ministries of TC3 while serving primarily in the area of Kids Ministry. Additional responsibilities may include: evangelistic efforts, shepherding responsibilities, hospital calls, teaching, counseling, and supporting other ministries when needed, etc..
Family Ministry Assistant Position Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead others effectively through the purposes and vision of Kids Ministry at TC3.
- Partner in creating environments, curriculum and programs for each age group that will facilitate learning and
- encourage spiritual growth for children and their families through weekend services, various activities and events;
- providing opportunities for worship, fellowship, service, and evangelism.
- Assist in recruiting, training, scheduling, leading and encouraging teams of volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Family Ministry Team for overall effective ministry planning.
- Help plan and oversee special events such as VBS, Child Dedication, camp, Back to School Bash etc.
- Ensure thorough and efficient communication with parents and volunteers regarding updates, and curriculum details,
- via newsletter, flyers and social media as well as prompt replies to emails, voicemails and mail received.
- This job description may include other duties as assigned by the Family Minister and Lead Minister which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.
- Resumes can be emailed to Rittney Greer (Family Minister) or mailed to: Town & Country Christian Church, 4925 SW 29th Street, Topeka KS 66614.