First Baptist Church of Belle Glade
Pastor of Students and Recreations
Bottom Line Job Description:
“To lead Jr. and Sr. High Students and their families into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creatively teaching God’s Word, providing opportunities for authentic worship, planning and organizing fun and meaningful spiritual retreats and events as well as offering avenues for service which will grow them in a Christ-centered, nurturing environment. Secondary responsibilities will be to bring oversight and management to our church fitness center as well as provide recreational activities for our community through sports leagues and community events.”
The Pastor of Students and Recreations at First Baptist Belle Glade is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; a passion for students and their families; is able to thrive in a team environment; and is able to grow our students and their families in their relationship with Jesus Christ as well as provide leadership for our Recreations Ministry of the church.
· Facilitate the congregation’s participation in the Student Ministry.
· Develop, coordinate, and implement an effective student ministry to Jr. and Sr. High Students and their families.
· Enlist and train all ministry volunteer leadership.
· Develop and oversee all programing for students 6th-12th grades and all opportunities for their discipleship.
· Create opportunities for students to use their gifts to serve God and His kingdom.
· Plan, coordinate and execute trips that provide meaningful opportunities for students to grow in their faith.
· Submit an annual ministry plan and budget for student ministries to be approved by the Senior Pastor
· Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development events.
o Hire and train employees for our church fitness center
The following responsibilities reflect areas of ministry that need to be fulfilled by First Baptist Church of Belle Glade’s Ministry Team, but can be tailored to fit your strengths: Discipleship; Administration; Senior Adults; Missions/Evangelism; Recreation/Activities/Fellowship; First Impressions/Assimilation. Additional responsibilities will be designated by the Senior Pastor according to the needs of the church.
· Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
· An extremely creative, high capacity leader that is assertive and organized.
· Able to creatively and effectively teach and communicate God’s Word to students as well as adults.
· Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
· Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
· A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate the gospel.
· Committed to spiritual integrity and ministerial excellence.
· Committed to the community of First Baptist Church of Belle Glade as well as the lake area.
· In agreement with First Baptist Church of Belle Glade’s doctrine, mission, and values.
· Obtaining a class C CDL with Passenger Endorsement in order to drive the church vehicles.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours a week) with a very competitive benefits package. Salary is established by qualifications and experience.
Reports to: Eric Stevenson, Senior Pastor
Please submit cover letter, resume and social media handles to [email protected]
New Hope Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Zephyrhills, Florida
Eau Gallie First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Melbourne, Florida
Harvest Baptist Fellowship | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Tampa, Florida
FBC Venice | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Venice, Florida
Mount Carmel Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Lake City, Florida
Lake City, Florida