The Youth Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and is responsible for making disciples of 6th through 12th grade students at Soma Eastside Church. The mission field for the Soma Eastside Youth Ministry includes Issaquah, Sammamish, and additional areas where our students reside and attend school. The Youth Pastor must be committed to the Great Commission, passionate about going into the youth culture to reach youth, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, teaching these new disciples to obey all the commands of Jesus Christ.
The Youth Pastor must be Gospel centered in all aspects of the role, which include praying, leading, planning, counseling, developing, communicating, and implementing strategies that equip the youth to eternally follow Jesus Christ in all aspects of life.
The Youth Pastor must be able to develop healthy relationships with students, volunteers and parents, shaping a team-focused culture where students are able to grow spiritually and the ministry is able to grow numerically. The Youth Pastor is not expected to be a “Lone Ranger,” but should invest in recruiting and developing parents and adult leaders to better share the load and multiply the impact of the youth ministry.
· Pray many more Youth are added to the Lords Kingdom in Issaquah / Sammamish.
· Teach and Train youth to follow Jesus with all their mind, body, and soul.
· Evangelize youth in Issaquah and Sammamish who don’t know Jesus Christ.
· Counsel youth to resolve disputes and life challenges according to the Bible.
· Equip parents to raise up Youth that follow Jesus Christ and help Missional Community. (MC) leaders make disciples of the youth in their MCs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Lead Youth Ministry vision and culture in alignment with those of Soma Eastside Youth as directed by the Lead Pastor.
· Develop a robust and diverse Youth Ministry leadership team consisting of students, adults and parents.
· Effective stewardship of Youth Ministry Budget.
· Teaching or delegate teaching Sunday morning youth service and midweek studies.
· Planning and executing a healthy and active youth ministry calendar, including an annual high school retreat, summer camp, mission activities and service events.
· Lead a dynamic and exciting weekly youth service that engages and equips students in their faith.
· Oversee and ensure the development of a small group strategy for students to grow in authentic relationships and deepening discipleship.
· Train volunteer leaders to minister to youth.
· Counsel Youth in collaboration with other Pastors.
· Gain access to high schools in a creative fashion to demonstrate the Gospel.
· Visit Youth in crisis at school, homes, or hospitals.
· Communicate youth vision and address questions and concerns of parents.
· Participate (not lead) in a Missional Community for personal and family growth and support, encouragement, and accountability.
· People oriented, energetic and enthusiastic about the ministry.
· Able to teach and preach (Effective study and presentation of God’s Word).
· Self-directed, entrepreneurial (A go-getter, able to start new initiatives and programs).
· Organized and prepared (not a procrastinator, but able to plan and communicate the plan in advance).
· Self-directed (able to determine what needs to be done without being instructed).
· Growth-minded (reading, learning, and enlisting experienced mentors and coaches).
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE
· Passion and calling towards Youth Ministry.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Biblical studies given priority.
· Minimum 5 years Youth leadership experience in church, parachurch, or youth camping.
· Agreement with Soma Eastside’s Core Values, Identities, and philosophy of ministry (found here- https://somaeastside.org/about/).
Ellensburg Presbyterian Church, ECO
Living Word Comm. Church
Tiffany Fellowship Church
New Season Church
Trinity Baptist Church
New Hope Baptist Church
Sandia Baptist Church