Children’s Ministry Director (Part Time: 10 hours/week)
Grace Ann Arbor West
Job Description: To lead our Grace West children’s ministry team to effectively provide a dynamic Sunday morning experience for kids (infants – 5th grade) where they will encounter God’s great love for them and grow as disciples of Jesus. The GraceKids Director will help us love our children the way that Jesus loves them.
We strive to be a Children’s Ministry where…
● Our kids experience one of their most enjoyable and impactful hours of the week while at church on Sunday mornings
● A robust team of volunteers are serving on Sundays to help kids come to know and experience God’s love, embrace the truth of the Gospel, grow in their understanding of the bible, and begin to apply it in their lives
● Kids engage in wholehearted worship, make meaningful connections with their classmates, and begin to have a sense of mission impact in the world.
● Recruit, equip, and support volunteer team members for effective children’s ministry.
● Provide directional leadership and communicate clear vision for GraceKids to volunteer team members and families.
● Schedule volunteer team members for weekly Sunday services.
● Prepare lesson plans for Preschool and Elementary classes (Orange Curriculum)
● Create and maintain a cheerful, bright, clean, and safe environment in the GraceKids wing of the building
● Implement policies and procedures that promote a safe and fun learning environment.
● Purchase necessary equipment, toys, and supplies for classrooms and weekly lessons.
● Ensure parents and children are warmly welcomed on Sunday mornings giving special attention to new families and following up with them in a timely way.
● Attend and contribute to staff meetings and our general church mission
● Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by God-honoring attitude and behavior.
● Modeling a growing commitment to our mission through personal devotions, participation in a Community Group (small group), setting boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity, and financially partnering with the church through giving as God provides.
● Affirmation of our core beliefs and values as expressed on our website at gracechurch.city/beliefs.
● Passion for ministry to children and their families, and for reaching kids and families outside of our church family.
● Reliable, trustworthy self-starter with strong organizational skills and follow through.
● Sense of humor and creative problem solving with ability to think outside the box.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to maintain healthy relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
● Ability to use appropriate judgement, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
● Experience working with children and families (preferred)
● Experience in building and leading volunteer teams (preferred)
Accountability and Supervision:
This position is accountable to and supervised by the Grace Ann Arbor West Location Pastor, and works collaboratively within our network or Children’s Ministry staff.
Who we are:
Grace Ann Arbor West is the third and newest location (launched in 2018) of the Grace Network of churches gathering in three physical locations (Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor West, and Canton). Grace Ann Arbor West is a multi-ethnic, Gospel-centered congregation primarily reaching young professionals and families from west Ann Arbor, Dexter, Chelsea, Grass Lake, Manchester, Clinton, and Saline. See our website for additional information: gracechurch.city.
*We encourage male and female candidates from all ethnic backgrounds to apply. Please send your personalized cover letter and resume.
Lead Pastor | Covenant Church of Cheboygan
Associate Pastor of Youth and Connection | Trinity Church
Children's Pastor/Director | The River Church
Fellowship Evangelical Presbyterian church
San Diego Calvary Korean Church
The Bay Church