Job Description: To support and improve Houston Chinese Church’s primary activities by managing and growing our ability to communicate via social media, website, and providing analytics to show where we are and help set goals for how to move forward in this area. This position also includes maintenance of IT-related hardware and software, and provide tech-training for church staff.
Purpose: To work with various departments and staff for the purpose of sharing the Gospel message and ministering to our community and the world via digital platforms.
- Update and redesign church website
- Oversee the maintenance and administration of the ChMS (Breeze) database
- Ensure that social media content is updated and fresh
- Evaluate the administrative and ministry needs and how to migrate into digital platforms
- Research the need for a dedicated server to church administration and upgrade it as needed
- Help formulate HCC’s digital strategy, including but not limited to website, social media accounts, communication platforms
- Oversee the coordination of Audio & Visual (A/V) training and support for volunteer coworkers
- Oversee tech training (Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Breeze, and etc) for church staff and volunteer coworkers
- Maintenance of IT-related hardware and software
- Act as primary point of contact for all technology related vendors, including but not limited to IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) services, web hosting services, technology related contract work
- Accountability: The IT Coordinator is directly accountable to the Church Administrator (or Executive Pastor). This accountability is maintained through personal contact and other means. The IT Coordinator will be subjected to a formal review on an annual basis after his/her first year of employment.
- Staff Relationships: The IT Coordinator will work closely with members of the pastoral staff. He/She shall work to maintain healthy, professional relationships with church staff through mutual support.
- Knowledge in computer software & hardware maintenance
- Knowledge in IT helpdesk/desktop support
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical end users at all levels of the organization
- Self-starting & coachable attitude with a willingness to grow, learn and adapt to changing technologies
- Attention to detail coupled with excellent organization skills
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize on a daily basis
- Good problem-solving skills required
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb and lift technology hardware as needed
- Understanding and proficiency of IT Network technologies and processes
- Excellent working knowledge of up-to-date desktop applications
- Knowledge/Experience with Breeze Church Management software
- Knowledge of Windows scripting, batch files and automation
- Knowledge in Audio Sound board, Visual Projection, basic video camera recording
- Creativity and advanced knowledge of media production, media, and Microsoft Office is desired
- Excellent jack of all trade IT skills and suitable for Small Business Environment
The IT Coordinator must demonstrate a commitment to and agree with the statement of faith held by Houston Chinese Church.
For those interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to pastorsearch(at)hcchome(dot org)