Position Description: Communication Coordinator
Status: Full-Time - Exempt (Hybrid work environment)
Compensation: Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience) + benefits
Overview of Position:
The Communication Coordinator will be responsible for the overall communication strategy for Glory Christian Fellowship International (GCFI) in support of the church’s vision and mission. Suitable candidate is a spiritually-centered Christian with a loving and servant leadership spirit who leverages concise, clear and creative communications to reach all ages and ethnic groups. He or she will maximize communications best practices and leverage modern technology to connect the stories of GCFI to our partners (internal), visitors and the community (external).
This role will include coordination with the senior Pastor, Admin team, media ministry and other ministries to plan, create, implement and manage the organization’s social media and
website content to promote and increase brand and overall awareness of what’s happening in our organization.
- Improve engagement with current followers/viewers.
- Expand reach to new followers/viewers.
- Strategically publish ministry related content on all social media platforms and website.
- Create Ministry related content that effectively shares the message of the Bible to believers and those yet to have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Share our mission, vision and core values through the stories of our partners, weekly services and ministry events.
- Partner with the senior Pastor and leadership team to advocate and leverage communications and technology.
- Provide communications support to weekly services, events and ministries meetings.
- Create comprehensive strategies in each area of oversight.
- Participate in vendor negotiations for new purchases related to communication.
- Participate in planning meetings.
- Develop, recruit, train, and care for volunteers in communications-related areas.
- Other responsibilities related to the position.
Duties and Responsibilities by Areas:
Websites & Social Media
- Coordinate all aspects of websites and web presence.
- Content management – creative, timely, current and appropriate.
- Provide support to all efforts related to the creation and development of all websites, including oversight.
- Oversee work of third-party content development entities.
- Proactively work to ensure GCFI maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, new technology.
- Expand and create an immersive social media presence for GCFI.
- Manage all social media accounts.
- Manage on going social media messaging and communication strategies.
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets.
Marketing & Promotion
- Develop systems to organize, prioritize, and communicate promotional items.
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns.
- Oversee all written materials related to promotions.
- May require writing or securing writers.
- Editing and proof-reading for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Collaborate with graphic designer/s and other creative staff to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness.
- Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
- Monitor the look and feel of all promotional materials representing GCFI and its ministries.
- Oversee the use of logos and images that represent GCFI.
- Create policies and procedures related to the branding of GCFI and related entities.
- Maintain the public relations function of the organization. Establish and maintain active relationships with secular, denominational and interfaith media.
- Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention.
- Develop policy and procedures related to media relations.
Services and Events
- Create consistency in messaging around the weekly services.
- Provide communications support for weekly services and special services.
- Participate in brainstorming and creative sessions to develop series content, service promotions, and supporting materials.
- Keep abreast with best practices that will help in improving creativity and innovation at GCFI.
Qualifications for role:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations / Marketing, Creative Arts, or relevant practical experience required.
- At least 2 years in similar role.
- Church staff participation and/or leading or developing communications/technology preferred.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent relational and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge of video editing tools for customizing content for Social Media platforms.
- Administrative skills and technology proficiencies required.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Proven integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
- Team player.
- The heart & gifting of a servant leader.
- Self-motivated and great work ethics.
- Ability to meet goals through successful task execution & time management.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Open-minded and tuned into cultural trends.
- Life-long learner.
Glory Christian Fellowship International is a family-centered church, and an equal opportunity employer, located in the City of Carson, California. Our vision, framed on the foundation of Matthew 28:18-20, is to win the lost, disciple the found and send the discipled. Our core values are love, mercy & grace, diligence, commitment, and superior service. For more information, visit www.glorychristian.org or email us at [email protected].
Phone: (310) 538-9185 | Address: 225 West Torrance Blvd., Carson, CA 90745