Position Title: Director, Communications
Reports To: Senior Director, Worship, Arts, Technology and Guest Services (WATGS)
Hours: Full time/Exempt 40 Hours
Grace Fellowship Church (GFC), a growing non-denomination church, in Timonium MD, is looking for a Director of Communications (DC). This role is responsible for leading the overall communication and marketing strategies, initiatives and plans for Grace Fellowship Church. This includes developing, coordinating, and delivering external and internal communications to support the church and its ministries to effectively convey GFC’s vision. The individual will oversee, develop, and maintain GFC’s branding for all media including print, website, social media, and all other mediums. The DC is strategically minded, administratively skilled, aggressive with recruitment and team development, has a pastoral heart, and values relational ministry. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience providing oversight and leadership to coordinate strategic long-range and tactical ministry plans, goals, and objectives, including graphic design and videography.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Pray for, support, and be an extension of the vision and values of the lead pastor and GFC (please visit gfc.org).
· Develops, implements, and manages strategic initiatives for Communications (i.e., effective communications and messages to the church and the community). Implements systems to gauge effectiveness.
· Facilitates proactive communication ideas, calendaring, church-wide and ministry specific initiatives for the church.
· Provides oversight and support of website functions (i.e., website design, administrative support) to ensure the focus of the priorities of the Church.
· Works collaboratively with the team to ensure the effective implementation, navigation content and usability of the GFC on-line experience.
· Leads media relations between GFC and outside media.
· Serves as a member of the WATGS team to bring creative insight (i.e., videography, design, and stage production) to weekend services and special events.
· Designs and maintains a volunteer initiative to include recruiting, developing, and deploying volunteers to serve the communication needs of staff and church.
· Engages in the community and develops effective outreach opportunities.
· Collaborates with ministry teams to assist with the utilization of appropriate tools (i.e., social media, mobile technology, and digital signage) to enhance a ministry presence.
· Meets with respective ministries to harvest content and write compelling communications for various channels.
· Oversees creative video production to support corporate communication (i.e., creation of sermon supports; video for social media; event shots).
· Oversees photography needs of the church.
· Manages and utilizes the budget effectively.
· Ensures consistent brand utilization across all internal and external platforms.
· Vibrant Christ follower with strong character.
· Live the staff values of GFC.
· Commitment and support of Grace Fellowship’s purpose, vision, and mission.
· Desire and ability to encourage greater unity and interaction amongst people from multi-cultural, ethnic, and economic backgrounds.
· Must be an active and engaged member of GFC
· Passionate about making more and better disciples in a church environment
· Spiritual maturity.
· Thorough knowledge and/or understanding of graphic design principles, photography, videography, social media management across various platforms.
· Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere/Final Cut or non-linear digital editing program.
· Experience implementing systems and strategies.
· Experience with effective organizational, communications, and consensus building skills and implementing systems and strategies.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including copyright and creative writing skills.
· The ideal candidate is a team member who values and supports multiculturalism.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred in Marketing, Communications, or Design or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of five years successfully engaged in professional communications with one year in a leadership capacity preferred.
· Experience in church or not-for-profit organization would be beneficial.
· Prior experience in creative writing preferred.
· Experience in planning, leading, and executing digital communications projects.
Working Hours and Conditions:
This position is full time that will work 40 hours per week, including Sunday.
There are currently three “all hands” events per year, Christmas, Easter, and Fall Launch, where extra hours are required.
Most work is done on site although some work may be done remotely.
The successful candidate will thrive in as well as contribute to a working environment that is spiritual, prayerful, cooperative (team), relational, unified (shared goals), celebrative, and productive.
Travel Requirements and Expectations
Occasional offsite staff meetings and periodic travel for training and enrichment may be required.
Commensurate with experience and capability. To be discussed in hiring process.
For more information about Grace Fellowship Church, please visit our website at www.gfc.org. To apply, go to
Grace Fellowship Church is a vibrant, grace-giving, intergenerational and diverse community of Christ-followers who are growing toward maturity and wholeness in Christ together in every dimension of our lives.
We believe God has called us to be a light in our community and an incarnational witness in our world. We yearn for “God’s Grace to grow in us, through us and among us, bringing the fullness of Jesus to all of life”. We do this through love, empathy and sacrificial service, warmly and humbly engaging those who don’t yet know Jesus and those who are marginalized by society. We seek to live our lives with an awareness of and dependence upon God’s Presence with us moment by moment and we seek to be His Presence, by the power of His Spirit, where we live, work, play and serve.
GFC began in 1980 with four couples meeting in a living room envisioning a different kind of church. These early gatherings were marked by an informal and welcoming atmosphere and were fueled by a passion for reaching lost friends with the love of Christ and equipping each member to be a minister (based on spiritual gifts/SHAPE). Solid biblical teaching combined with creative and seeker-sensitive services helped fuel rapid growth through the 80’s and 90’s. More recently, this desire for kingdom multiplication has resulted in the planting of several other churches. Currently more than 2500 adults and children attend Grace Fellowship Church.
Grace Fellowship Church is located in the tranquil middle-upper class suburb of Timonium, Maryland, home to approximately 35,000 residents. Just 20 minutes north of Baltimore, we are also close to a large metropolitan mission field. More than 650,000 people live within a 15-minute driving radius of the church and the number climbs to over one million within a 30-minute radius.
Living in the Timonium/Towson suburbs is attractive thanks to good schools and strong property values. Demographically, we reflect the immediately surrounding Timonium community which is economically stable, increasingly ethnically diverse, and generally middle to upper-middle class.
Stylistically, although GFC weekend services are bible-teaching and believer-focused, they are very accessible to those exploring the church and those young in their faith. The services include a live worship team/band, contemporary music, and relevant messages. Our Children’s ministry provides a fun and creative ministry environment for over 300 birth-5th graders each week. A thriving purpose-driven middle school and high school student ministry meets on weekends as well.
Grace Fellowship has an immediate opening for a Communications Director. This person will develop, coordinate, and deliver external and internal communications to support the church and its ministries to effectively convey our vision. They will report directly to the Senior Director of Worship, Arts, Technology, and Guest Services. (WATGS). In addition to shaping the on-site and on-line messaging of GFC, this person will be accountable for the creation, planning and implementation of effective communications strategies to the church and the community.
ELIC | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Fort Collins, Colorado
Fort Collins, Colorado
Glory Christian Fellowship International | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Carson, California
Call of Love Ministries | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Cincinnati, Ohio
Houston Chinese Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Houston, Texas
Impart Revival | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Falling Waters, West Virginia
Falling Waters, West Virginia