East Brainerd Baptist Church is stable and on the verge of growth. After prayerful consideration, we have determined the Lord is leading us to call a FAMILY PASTOR as the next step in His divine plan.
East Brainerd Baptist Church is an SBC-affiliated church in Chattanooga, TN who partners with the Hamilton County Baptist Association. We affirm the BFM 2000 and believe in the SBC’s mission to support missionaries through both the IMB and the NAMB.
East Brainerd Baptist Church has a 70-year history of serving Christ in this community. We have had highs and lows, but we are currently in a season of exciting opportunity! Rob Anderssen was called to serve as Senior Pastor in October 2020. He brings a vision of growth to EBBC with a strong confidence that Jesus will “build my Church.” We are in a strong financial situation with facilities brimming with potential, including a gymnasium and fully functioning production stage with lights and sound. We have dedicated children’s wings and classrooms adequately sized for growth.
East Brainerd Baptist Church is located within East Hamilton High School, East Hamilton Middle School, and East Brainerd Elementary school zones in the Hamilton County School District. (Westview Elementary zone is very near). These schools are some of the fastest growing zones in Greater Chattanooga.
The Apison, Collegedale, East Ridge and Ringgold areas are seeing unprecedented development. Transplants to Chattanooga are choosing these areas, strategically placing EBBC right in the center of a population explosion.
Our vision for this minister is as follows:
· A man proven to be filled with the Holy Spirit, attested to by family and the Church
· A man who hungers for God’s Word and feeds his own soul daily
· A man dependent upon God who prays without ceasing
· A man gifted to be an Elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3.1-7 and Titus 1.5-9
· A man trained to rightly handle the Word of Truth with evidence of ministry experience
· A man called by God to minister the Gospel of Jesus to families with children
· A man whose confidence is in the Scriptures and not gimmicks or worldly devices
· A man with discernment, understanding the challenges facing young people in our culture
· A man with an extraverted personality, eager to make community connections and establish relationships outside the Church
· A man in a Biblically-defined marriage with (preferably) school-aged children
· A man committed to disciple young people with deep theology, preparing them to face the challenges of academia
· A man willing to work in partnership with the Senior Pastor to accomplish the vision of growing God’s Kingdom
EBBC is offering a competitive part-time salary with potential for full-time as God blesses.
EBBC is committed to care for this minister’s health – physical, spiritual, and psychological – by respecting the part-time nature of this call, and the minister’s responsibilities to care and provide for his family. We want serving this community and this church to be an edifying delight!
EBBC understands we are calling a man, not a couple. No burden of expectation will be placed on the minister’s wife beyond that for which she feels called and eager to voluntarily serve.
The qualified man will:
· Pass a comprehensive background check
· Affirm and hold fast to the BFM2000
· Provide leadership over ministries involving infants thru high school
· Participate in the Church’s ministries and small groups
· Recruit, train, equip, volunteers to “do the work of the ministry”
· Modernize our facilities and tech regarding education and security.
· Be available to fill the pulpit in the Pastor’s absence
· Utilize the facilities to maximize ministry and outreach opportunities
· Build connections with local ministry leaders, HCBA, BCM at UTC, and Covenant College.
· Be passionate about self-learning and growth in his field of ministry
While EBBC expects an investment of time commiserate with the salary, and a close-working relationship with – and accountability to – the Senior Pastor, keeping him abreast of plans and duties, we grant the Family Pastor freedom to serve as the Lord leads.
We are a church on the rise!
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Lake Charles, Louisiana
Lake Charles, Louisiana
North Hills Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Marietta, Ohio
Sardis Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Swansea, South Carolina
Swansea, South Carolina
Randall Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Williamsville, New York
Williamsville, New York
Clearview Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Travelers Rest, South Carolina