General Summary and Objective: Responsibilities include oversight of youth ministry and partnering with parents in the process of connecting middle school and high school students to Jesus and equipping them to be lifelong followers of Jesus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide pastoral leadership over the Youth Ministry (Grades 6–12).
• Successfully align the Youth Ministry with the vision of the church.
• Successful casting and execution of vision and goals to staff, leaders, parents, and students.
• Successful oversight and advancement of programming: Weekly gathering, small groups, yearly mission trip, summer camp, and retreats.
• Successfully implement Discipleship Roadmap developed in collaboration with the Growth Team Lead.
• Develop a pipeline for students to connect with the broader church body (Weekend worship, Small Groups, Outreach, etc.).
• Oversee the teaching of all Youth programming (Middle School and High School) to ensure faithful and effective communication of God's Word to students in line with the students' development and needs (Weekly and special events).
• Provide managerial oversight of the Youth Ministry team by serving as their team leader.
• Collaborate with Growth Team Lead to develop training for parents of students in grades 6–12.
• Maintain consistent relational touch points and communication with parents.
• Monitor progress of established goals and determine concrete metrics for measurement of goals.
• Facilitate healthy relationship with local schools.
• Effectively engage and connect with students who are far from Jesus.
• Maintain an effective ongoing volunteer recruitment and training program.
• Maintain a healthy training and communication process with Small Group leaders.
• Perform weddings and funeral/memorial services as requested
• Serve on hospital and home visitation rotation
• Exercise pastoral skills and sensitivity in encounters with church body and the broader community
• Provide pastoral counseling and care
• Attend and support official events of the church (weekend services, special events, etc.)
• Maintains significant relationships with fellow staff and our partners that are relevant to ongoing kingdom advancement and strategic planning
• Leadership development and mentoring
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, etc.)
• Fully devoted follower of Christ evidenced in exceptional model of personal integrity
• Champion of vision, values, and culture of Crossroads Christian Church
• Biblical ministries degree or equivalent
• Proven leadership in team leadership, particularly in the day-to day operations
• Commitment to continual learning and growth
• Successful youth ministry history
• Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution management
The Pointe Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Fort Wayne, Indiana
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Northgate Christian Community | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Williamsville, New York
Williamsville, New York
LifePoint Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Lake Stevens, Washington
Lake Stevens, Washington
Harvest Community Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Camas, Washington
Harvest Bible Chapel | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Rolling Meadows, IL, Illinois
Rolling Meadows, IL, Illinois