The Bay Church is seeking an experienced Children’s Pastor to lead children’s program strategy, planning and execution, as well as advancing the mission, vision, and values of The Bay Church.
The Children’s Pastor will build and execute strategies and guidance for weekend services and weekly programs, across all campuses. This role requires enthusiasm for reaching children for Christ, interacting with parents, and knowledge of child development. We are looking for someone committed to continual development as a leader and mature Christ-follower.
- You have passion for great work, you can see potential and nourish it and have a tremendous ability to educate and influence leaders to drive that work forward.
- You maintain personal, physical, emotional, and spiritual health, marriage, and family life, while practicing a deepening walk with Jesus Christ.
- You possess extensive experience in creating systems, structure that support staff and volunteer teams.
- You can confidently build rapport, credibility and influence with children, parents, and the team.
- You can quickly gain deep understanding of the church vision and attendee insights, to understand challenges, find opportunities, and build global strategies.
- You have a deep understanding of curriculum writing, adaptation of existing content, and implementation.
- You thrive being a part of a cross-functional team yet also have the ability to lead.
- You are flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment while working as a member of a high-performing team.
- Work across the organization to understand both macro trends and children’s specific insights, using available metrics and feedback.
- Oversee children’s programs and activities for all campuses.
- Recruit, train and develop volunteers and leaders.
- Develop and maintain a system of support and training for all staff and volunteers.
- Create safe, high energy, creative environments that engage children.
- Ensure children’s environments are well maintained, relevant and fully equipped.
- Regularly study best practices of other programs around the country and implement ongoing improvements to curriculum and programs.
- Develop annual team, personal, and ministry goals.
- Synthesize learnings into insights to drive optimization of future efforts and strategies.
- Develop and drive central processes, across The Bay Church campuses, to improve the quality and effectiveness.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required.