Team Leader / Student Discipleship Pastor
Henderson - Campuses & Generations (C&G)
Reports to: Henderson Campus Pastor
To further the mission of the Church by overseeing and developing programs, ministry strategies, and service opportunities for a dynamic Student Ministry at the Henderson Campus.
Skill Set of the Position
- Leader: Clarify the vision and direction of CCS at the Henderson Campus
- Equipper: Effectively develop the CCS staff and volunteer leaders
- Pastor: Ability to disciple, care for, guide and encourage
- Communicator: Engaging and effective
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Lead, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of CCS
· Oversee, train, schedule, equip and evaluate staff of the Henderson Campus student ministry
· In tandem with the Central Student Team, establish goals and objectives that support the mission and vision of the student ministry and provide visionary leadership and organizational structure
· Implement Central CCS initiatives at Henderson Campus
· Represent the Henderson Student Team on the campus lead team
· Address sensitive volunteer and family issues as they arrive
· Develop and orchestrate the CCS Discipleship Focus
- High School Discipleship Groups
- Sunday morning Discipleship Groups
- Oversight of all curriculum
· Recruit, train, lead all volunteers in discipleship positions
· Teach regularly at CCS
· Counsel and disciple students; develop leaders to do the same
· Support parents through communication and resources that equip them for discipleship at home
· Oversees special events including camps, retreats, and programs
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith
- Supports and adheres to the policies and procedures found in the CCC Employee Handbook
- Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in Student ministry. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Must be a motivated and effective recruiter and manager of volunteers.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Candidate must exhibit excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal relational skills. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, being able to work with a wide variety of people. Candidate must be able to problem solve, maintain and protect confidentiality, and have excellent written and verbal skills. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.