Family Ministries Pastor
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time + Benefits
Salary Range: Varies on Experience
What Prairie Heights is looking for:
An experienced Pastor and leader who is energized by mentoring, leading and empowering others in their spiritual journey and giftings as a leader. A person with experience in youth or student ministry and can show evidence of strong leadership with adults, specifically being able to equip parents of kids and youth. Knowing how to transition people to each stage of life is important and a BONUS if you have educational experience or training with human development, behavioral and/or classroom management skills.
The Family Ministries Pastor will primarily be responsible for overseeing birth to 18 years old by being engaged in Kidventure and Oxygen environments and ensuring it is a great experience for kids and students. A significant priority will be to support, lead, encourage, and care well for the Family Ministries staff and to recognize your role in modeling the culture and care we desire for people at Prairie Heights.
What will you do?
Family Ministries Leader:
· Provide vision, strategy, and direction for Family Ministries at Prairie Heights (Kidventure and Oxygen)
· Direction, support, and development of all Family Ministries staff.
· Oversee Kidventure and Oxygen staff’s spiritual, leadership, and professional growth.
· Lead the Family Ministries Team through annual strategy planning, objectives, budgets, and standards.
· Typical Work Week: Sunday- Thursday, including all Weekend Services. Wednesday evenings.
· Provide vision, strategy, and direction for Care of kids (birth-18) and families at Prairie Heights.
· Participate in pastoral duties including weddings, funerals, hospital visits, and after-hours care.
· Empower Family Ministries Team in creating new or improved ways to engage Prairie Heighters in Family Ministries volunteer roles.
· Recruit, train and empower volunteer leaders and volunteers as part of the Kidventure and Oxygen teams.
· Provide direction and support of teaching for both Kidventure and Oxygen
· Be part of the Teaching Team for Sunday Services, working with the Lead Pastor and Weekend Services team to provide relevant and engaging content.
· Committed Follower of Jesus
· Ordained Pastor or in a pastoral track
· 5 years of Pastoral experience including care, teaching, spiritual direction and mentorship
· 3 years teaching or communicating in front of audiences
· Successful history of building, leading, motivating, and growing effective teams
· Demonstrated experience developing a vision, creating goals, and measuring growth
· Excellent communication skills; interpersonal, written, and verbal
· Self-Directed with ability to manage multiple projects successfully
· Ability to develop short-and-long range strategies to achieve departmental objectives and identify opportunities for future growth.
· Ability to exercise sound, expert independent judgement within general policy guidelines
· Commitment to the process of emotional health and self-care in all areas of their life
· History of leading in a large church or large organization (1,000+)
· Educational background that includes human development, behavioral and/or classroom management
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience working in a multi-site church
· Background in recruiting, training and leading large volunteer teams
Prairie Heights Community Church
Youth for Christ Red River
Youth for Christ Red River
Community Christian Church
Venice Presbyterian Church
Grace Church of Overland Park